1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Champ Gurus - help and advice, pse (Neira & Coon)!

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Nematode, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Anyone has any good advice how to prevent these 2 from dancing around you? I was on my fighter and had a boatload of fun trying to chase them down...

2. ambernectar

ambernectar Guest

have a second account (with knight of justice for 12 scrolls) efield them in, otherwise barracoon in fire go to the south west of the island and there is a spot next to the swamp til where he runs backjwards and forwards constantly, not quite static but good enough

as for neira if you dont have another account buy energy field scrolls, probably need to cast it 20 odd times depending on your gear.

if that fails i hope you are good at cutting bones and chasing :D

3. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Working archery onto your sampire seems to be the best possible sollution that I am aware of.

Thats what i've done lately and it has allowed me to solo the Undead and Rat spawns hassle free, especially the rat spawn.

Undead you will have to cut bones tho ^^

4. I really didn't want to log in here again, but I couldn't believe that nobody was willing to post the easiest method of getting these bosses to stay in one spot. I know that many of you know how, but are unwilling to share for whatever reason, like it's a big deal or something.

All you have to do is treat these bosses the same way you do Travesty. Just double click its health bar continuously during the fight and it will force the boss to stay in a single spot. I've solo'd Barracoon countless times, and each and every time I fought him in the center of the altar, and never had to move a single square. This method will work for any creature in the game.

5. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I thought there had to be some kind of trick to this :p

6. Nematode

Nematode Guest

Dang Conner, you are indeed a guru! I tried dclicking on them to lure them TO me, but they wont bite. So, dclicking will work if you are ALREADY onto them then.

Ill give this a shot!

Thx Conner!

7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you are planning on doing a lot of champs with the "rapid clicking" method, you better double check your health insurance first, make sure they cover Carpel tunnel surgery. :(

8. You can just use an Attack Last macro. You could also add Cast Spell Lightning Strike to the same key.

9. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Shenanigans to those who didn't speak up before. :p Horray Connor.

10. Q: 07-07-2010, 08:42 AM
    A: 07-07-2010, 01:36 PM

11. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I did not know this. This explains the claims of people solo'ing Neira. I still have to test it out myself to see if this actually works.

Does this phenomenon work with the EC Client as well as the CC Client?

Also I'm suprised that something like this hasn't been fixed which would explain why people weren't jumping forward with this useful information.

12. It's not a phenomenon. This has always worked like that for every monster in the game, and it works for both the CC and EC. There's nothing that needs to be fixed.

This even works for Navery at the end when she starts to dance up and down... but you have to catch her before she starts to climb.

13. Metalstorm

Metalstorm Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The continuous double clicking of the health bar has been around since day one.

All it does it make the creature re-agro on you. No bug. No exploit.