1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Champ Spawn Changes in Pub 57!

Discussion in 'UO Napa Valley' started by eccentricjules, Nov 18, 2008.

1. What can I say.... Awesomeness! READ THE THREAD HERE

Thoughts? I personally love the Scroll of Transcendence replacing some of the 105 Scrolls in Fel. Those are trash, at least these have a practical use other than carpeting your floor!
  2. This will be really good. It gives motivation for people to do spawns in Illish and Tokuno while still keeping the advantage with Fel spawns.

I also love that they took into account the possibility of the players that killed the spawn being different from the players that kill the boss. Not that I like the thought of working a spawn and being raided, but it IS part of the game, and I’m glad they fixed the rule set on the special drops to account for this. This could present a problem though in Illish with spawns being hijacked. A guild could work the spawn and a 2nd guild could join in on the kill potentially taking the special drop. Again, another advantage to doing the champs in Fel (defend or retreat).

Also, this LIST is a lot of the items that will be dropped from boss' only difference being they will have the tag [Replica] attached to them. NOT ALL items on this list will be re-released.
  3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    As one posted on UO Hall, The farming will begin, the stacking of Untimed Scrolls will begin. The Scroll of Transcendence (SoT), they all should have been time limited (even if they were timed for 72 hrs) Unlimited I think will be a bad idea. It is nice though they are adding something for people to do at the non fel spawn area's. Who knows, you might even see them as busy as the others, who knows.
  4. Well it does show they ARE listening to what people are asking for. I have seen a call for a new system like we had for the Treasures of Tokuno, people have asked for the Illish champ spawns to have a point, this takes care of "overpowered EM items" complaints because most of them will be re-released. It's like a complaint fest rolled into a new thing to do =P

I am kinda glad there is no timer. Hey, if you want to skill gain by eating up 50 scrolls then you just go ahead... soon we can all have EVERY skill and just soulstone them around. I want to GM begging for next year!
  5. To add some more of the "official" details:

Reguarding THIS LIST:
  6. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

More stuff to collect WOOOT :D But this new stuff sounds like good stuff to collect for once...Hey I want GM begging and heck GM camping...

But dang it..I spent months GM fishing..and now I can get a scroll...LoL :D

but seriously now...

This new stuff does sound like fun. Not only to hunt in Fel..but also in Ish and Toko..which finally makes it a reason to hunt there :D

Can't wait to see how this goes.

But who is the new champ guards on this shard tho?

Thank You LL for the input...Big time :D :bowdown::love:
  7. *sigh* I can't even figure out what guilds are around that actually do anything, especially champs. I have expressed it before, I would like to join a guild. It's been offered to me to join ROFL but I hardly ever see anyone and have been told there is hardly anyone online at any given time in that guild. I am not great at PVP, but I try. I would like to find a guild that does champs and things like that but in Fel. In the past I have had invites to guilds who say they do champs then I find out they go to Tokuno, but WHY? OK, so there may be a reason very soon but I would like to join a Fel guild, but not the "kill everyone" kind of folks. I have even thought about going faction, but maybe need some PVP help first. I’m not scared of death at least!

I DO understand that Napa is different. We don't really have any overly aggressive guilds. I just get worried we will have another FL situation where some large guild from another shard xshards over and takes us over. We don’t even have a guild with 100 members.

I see [email protected]/KOS plenty but thats about it really. What guilds are active out there?
  8. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 27, 2000
    Thanks for posting the distilled dev comments. Maybe next year sometime I can check it out myself. By then, it will be less camped anyway.

Napa used to have guilds with over 60 active members, but that was ten years ago when I used to play a lot.