1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Champ Spawn Effectiveness?

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Sindy Anna Jones, Mar 25, 2009.

1. I have recently started playing a Bard, and I think it's great but I am wondering how effective the character is at a champ spawn. Also, what tactics do you use? I mean Prov has a time delay that makes me doubt it's usefulness at a spawn and I guess Ev's are used for the most part but that kind of defeats the purpose. My current template is going to be....

Prov
    Peace
    Music
    Disc
    Magery
    Med
    Eval

Total PvM which is fine for me but I would like to go anywhere I want and take on anything I want, ya know? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Probably won't be the top damage dealer, but if you teamed up with a necro and you just went around area peacing and casting EV's, EQ, and meteor swarms and the necro withering everything and both cross healing, you could make a good team. Just note that tamers will not like you area peacing so you might want to avoid them. Then on the 4th level, start provoking things on each other, and when the champ spawns then disco the champ and provoke any remaining spawn on to it. Not sure what your skills are on the bard side, but you will probably need 120 music, provo, and disco. You can area peace 100% at GM peace and GM music or higher.

3. So do you think I should try to fit necro in my template or just find a part member then? Actually I know a necro so I could just team up but just interested in the options. Thanks again.

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

My main spawn char is a necro/mage/spellweaving/peacer. It is great for rat, oaks, and demon spawns, but because it doesn't have med it suffers on undead, the 2nd and 3rd level of a Rikktor, and a couple levels of the spider spawns because it can't leech enough mana back while in wraith form. Another problem with the car is that spawns is about all its good for since it doesn't have any skills higher than 110 (its a cheap, fast and effective spawn char). If your looking for a char that could handle any spawn as well as other things in the game, I would go with your template, and if you teamed up with someone with a template like the one I listed then you could pretty much do any spawns with just the two of you by just sticking together and alternating area peacing so that the spawn doesn't have a chance to attack.

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't have a bard myself any more, but I spawn with bards regularly.

Here are my observations:
    -Bards usually have problems with lower level spawns since there are a whole lot of them and their provoke/peace/discord is pretty much useless, leaving only "alternative" methods of damage available, such as energy vortexes or earthquakes (depending on template).
    -A bard can work the top two levels in any spawn easily. In fact, I won't even consider doing the twisted weald spawn without a bard around.
    -If you do partner up, make sure your partner knows that he (or she) should kill the powerful provoked monsters first. Then the bard can be more useful.
    -Peacemaking is a lifesaver at level-ups.

6. Seismic

Seismic Guest

That's why I'm going bard tamer now .. I'm tired of relying on summons and the stupid provo/disco/etc skill delay.