1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Champion Spawn Throwers

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Pirate Roberts, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

I'm so used to working spawns with my sampire, the sheer number of corpses he can whirlwind off the map is awesome. So how do throwers work up spawns? Corgul, Rikky and all of the rest.

2. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Pretty much the same, use a weapon with an area effect and if mobs get around you, use momentum strike. But, it is no where near as fast as a sampire, you can clear spawn at a pretty good pace.

3. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

If I put hit lightning in a whirlwind weapon, will it strike one target, or multiple?

4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The lightning has the % chance to go off each time the weapon hits a creature. Which is why a hit area effect + whirlwind is devastating in effect. On my WW weapons, I usually have hit harm and hit area.

5. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

So for example: Rikky radiant scimitar.
    Reptile slayer
    HML
    HSL
    Hit cold area
    Hit harm
    100% cold damage?

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Those 5 mods are only optimized if you don't need Damage Increase on the weapon to hit 100 DI total. I use this weapon for my reptile spawns (imbuing intensity in parenthesis):

Radiant Scimitar
    50 HML (110)
    40 HSL (80)
    Reptile Slayer (130)
    50 Hit Cold Area (100)
    40 DI (80)
    100% Cold Damage

As for a thrower, yes it takes longer at the lower levels. But I like using the thrower over the sampire when I can continually AI the boss with a soul glaive and the boss is slow. I use the thrower for Reptile and Vermin spawns. I find the sampire works best for the rest.

8. Obsidian

Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

There are a bunch of good thrower templates, but I had a few people ask me what template I'm using on my Wraith Thrower. Here is my current temp:

120 Throwing
    115 Bushido
    100 Tactics
    100 Anatomy
    100 Healing
    85 Chivalry
    60 SS
    40 Necro

9. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

My problem is that all if my skills are trained up to 120, I'll have to figute out a template that works. Any suggestions?

10. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I dont know what skills you got at 120, but basically any purposeful combination of 120 throwing,tactics,healing,anat,resist,necro,spiritspeak,chiv,bushido,ninja,melee can solo champs. No idea what you are looking for.

Suit could be more or less the same for every build, just go out and try. Throwing is so overpowered, you just need to make some good macros to be as fast as possible.

11. Obsidian

You could certainly go with 120 Bushido, 120 Tactics, and 120 Anatomy. You could also go 120 Healing. But you would have to put skills on jewelry which means you will loose other mods. There is no "right" way. Lord GOD used to run with 120 Throwing, 120 Tactics, 120 Anatomy, and 120 Bushido in his build, but that was with 30 skill points on Jewelry and it was before Pub 71 increased the required amount of Chivalry for EOO at 50% damage bonus. I chose not to put skills on jewelry as it allows me to stack more stat points or DCI into the total suit.

12. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

120 Throwing
    120 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    120 Anatomy
    100 Necro
    60 SS
    80 Chiv

Vamp form for spawn, wraith form for the champ where possible - when you're in wraith form you'll have to rely on Curse Weapon or have someone else to heal you though. It's nice to be able to fly and move around the spawn quickly, rather than slogging along in wraith form, also no need to worry about bandages. I don't have any DCI on the suit either as I can just fly out of harm's way and use Momentum Strike and hit area spells from a distance.