1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Change to Blackrock Golems?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kentuckyjoe, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yesterday's patch seems to have brought about a change to Blackrock Golems. It seems that they now teleport you to them after taking damage. I have been doing them with my Thrower from a boat for the last week and today I tried 3 different Golems and they all proceeded to call me to them and beat me down.

2. Jove

Jove Journeyman

oh ya, all I got to say to that is OUCH!!! This event is all most done and they had to throw a monkey wrench in it... thanks UO...

3. olduofan

olduofan Guest

that really suxs why do they do such lame things like that

just tested it and yup they do so much for getting the rest of the armor pieces

do the dev enjoy pissing of the players or what?

4. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I like the change, was too easy just standing on a boat while killing them, could read the freaking newspaper while the golems died... *thumbs up*

5. kentuckyjoe

kentuckyjoe Seasoned Veteran

One of the best things that has come out of this event for me has been the fact that the people on Atlantic have been mindful of others. Instead of running in and attacking any Golem they saw just to get looting rights, I have yet to have anyone attack a Golem I was soloing. I have had people to come up and just watch me kill them and then talk with me afterwards.

Altogether I have about 35 pieces of the armor. I don't have a completed set of anything yet. I think I am 1 piece away from 4 sets though and have a lot of doubles so I will hopefully trade with others.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it was changed so sampire types are the only ones who can fight them one on one

7. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Shows they never read what a Golem actually is (read wiki for folklore) - brainless for one. Maybe they should go ahead and give them necro spells, maybe a light saber too

8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I wish they could have done some other solution though, mages and archers who don't use boats are kinda screwed up by this, no you shouldn't be able to simply do it from a boat but teleporting you to them screws up people fighting normally also. (you're an archer/mage, you're SUPPOSED to keep out of range!)

Not that it matters, as I've still yet to see a single blackrock golem actually spawn on siege...

9. popps

popps Always Present

Well, at least before other characters could fight them but now ?

That's a fight just for Sampires now.........

And this, as if Sampires did not already have the game all for themselves.......

I cannot honestly understand why the Developers make some choices at times and this one time, is one of those times I cannot understand the choice.....

More players were enjoying the fight, now I think only sampires will. Go figure.......

10. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Haha, could have foreseen it. I am away from being able to play UO for nearly 3 weeks and then during the first weekend I have free, they change them D:

Oh well. Saves me having to bother I guess :D

11. Jartan

Jartan Guest

I think the entire goal is to make sure that all the players use necro spells first then they will move on to the NPC's.

12. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Ok, are they teleport from boats only or from anywhere?

13. olduofan

olduofan Guest

anywhere and everywhere

14. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Did 4 or 5 of them and said meh this is garbage armor and this takes to damn long for junk wish they did the telport long before then maybe the armor would be semi rare instead of super farmed by all.

15. This isn't farmville.

Fighting a Battle is better than Farming Kills.

16. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

This would've been something to do when I first mentioned it while these were still on Origin and not on other shards.. not 2 weeks after they've been out and everyone already has a ton of pieces anyways.

17. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

It should have been harder to begin with and THEN made easier, rather than the other way round.

While I'd agree that farming isn't really "fun", whats even less fun is converting from farming (where people's enjoyment is from what you can get out of farming) to this. Now, armour drops will be significantly slower and the fine line between the fun of getting the armour and the dullness of grinding will be really shaken up and, well, I don't see how anyone who was already doing this will want to keep on. Which makes it hard for newcomers (like me) to this part of the storyline.