1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to the Imbuing skill *must read*

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Freelsy, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

People were freaking out about it?

I can't see why. Either version will be a boon for both crafters and those they supply on this shard.

3. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

much better than their first plan.

i was still hoping that imbued items would break faster :]

4. I think thats a good idea, but the main thing that I was worried about, was that crafters bite the dust with imbuing armor.

They are considering exceptional bonus as attributes. Gm armor randomly distributes resists.

That means GM armor will already have 4-5 attributes, and can only be imbued to have better resist.

your better off using store bought items, even with this change.

I do like that youll still want to find good items to enhance, rather than starting from scratch though.

5. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

GM armor, with only boosted resists, would be awesome. Especially if it were reliable and easy.

6. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I tried to understand all the numbers, but the more I read, the more confused I got. So I gave up trying :)

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

"You must math her well, and after you are done with her, you may deal with her as you like... and then... math me."
    "And me."
    "And me too."
    "And me."
    "Yes. Yes, you must give us all a good mathing."

8. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No... you're not gonna get any peril :)

9. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Oh, let me have just a little bit of peril?
    It's my duty as a knight to sample as much peril as I can.

10. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A knight? Seems to me that you're more the jester type

11. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Basically you can make god weapons but now supreme being ones like everyone was scared of........... Like I told everoyne that bought my weapons it would change before it came out to the public :)

12. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

...I got better?

13. Varka

Varka Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

OK, WTF is imbuing?

Does this mean you'll be able to turn a crafted weapon into a SC, 50% hit fireball/30% SSI/12%SDI/etc. etc. basically at will?

14. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

15. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Why won't you answer my PMs dammit? I'm not gonna hold that headdress forever

16. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am with you Varka, don't really know yet and atm I do not yet even care. I heard all their promises that elfywood land would be some boon to crafters worth. Then we had to drone in Heartwood to get the recipes, then...the multitude of needed ingredients most of which a pure crafter can not even get cuz they don't pvm ...sooooooo heck with it all..toss in ya about need to be a math pervert. :)

I may sit this one out entirely and let the folks whom are into...%%%%%%%%%% fiddle with imbuing...I will stick to making furniture. :) Kill a tree click...a done deal ya got tables chairs and do not need MATH or to drone in the sweatshop for hours to get something done then have it break or be worth nada ! They got to sell me pretty hard to even BUY this expansion at all...so far they have not convinced me to blow the cash yet on SA.

17. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

Sorry i totally forgot about your pms, anyways im sorry i dont want it anymore, with imbueing on the way i wont be needing it anymore.

18. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

You're mistaken.. npc armor can be boosted to the max, no need for crafters.

19. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

I haven't read enough about it yet.

I would assume that the GM bonus of crafted armor would at least make it much cheaper than boosting npc armor.

20. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

In some cases probably. It's been over a month since I messed with Imbuing.. but the GM bonuses actually interfered with weapon Imbuing (Not entirely sure about armor).

21. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

Yes having 2-3 property on jewlery/weapon/armour make's it much cheaper to imbue ,so there's still a need for crafter's,not to mention the jem's/ plant's need for imbuing also.

22. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

From numerous discussions on the beta forum.. the need for crafters is in question. With the backtrack on Imbuing changes, most runics will just be used to unravel. Again I'm unsure about armor.. but for weapons, anything below a verite hammer will just be unraveled for ingredients. And eventually, once there are legendary imbuers and ingredients for sale, even val hammers will be burned and unraveled.

Yes I know on Siege hammers are almost never used for armor.. but that only means BoDers are eventually slaves to the imbuers.

23. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

On the bright side.. within a year I can get my SC, Balanced, HLD 50%, Hit Fireball 50%, DI 50% crossbow.

24. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Not without FC-1.

25. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

I think you got thing's backward's, higher end kit's/hammer's will be used still for burning weapon's cause they will produced higher intensity weapon's and you cant imbue anything with more than 5 mod's anyway's.The lower end one's will be the one's used for ingredient's.

and for people who think's you need high intensity weapon's to unravel for ingedient's is dead wrong, for example i went and killed some low end mob's and a weap like this-
    split damage(100%)
    fc1(100%)
    slayer property(100%)
    ubws(100%)

this ****y weap which you can get off any low end mob will produce the highest ingredient,a relic fragment.

26. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Or wait, is Balanced a material property and not a spawning property?

27. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

And when you get a nice weapon off a hammer no one's gonna unravel it cause it will never break unlike imbued weapon's.

28. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

you can imbue the balance property on bow's only,just burn a low end fletching kit on normal wood to get that property and imbue it.

29. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

PvM weapons maybe.. but for PvP Imbuing will be the way to go. The fights are quick and rare, so weapons will last over a year with dutiful repairs.

PvM, yes, runic weapons will be best because they get beat on so much.