1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to the # of CO-Owners

Discussion in 'UHall' started by TheDrAJ, Sep 18, 2012.

1. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

This was a responce from the latest questions and answers post

"Mesanna: Everyone will be happy to hear (or I hope they will be) that we as a team have talked about it and want to make a change to the housing co owners. Instead of 10 co owners we want to change it to 10 accounts which is 70 players total. "

This will not help the Siege players at all. Any chance for a solution that would help us also?

Tzadkiel likes this.
  2. Joey Porter

Joey Porter Guest

This will make one person very very happy. Cannot remember there name but they have been petitioning for this.

3. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Oh you exaggerate so! :grin:

Joey Porter likes this.
  4. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is a good thing ...(yes i know thats martha stewarts line) but it fits!
    For those of us who need that many co's. As for Siege, well Siege is a special land and might take a different aproach to tackle that one. Give the Lady some slack kiddo, I am quite sure she wont over look Siege and Mugen.

5. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, can we be co-owned to more than one house?

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes, that change was put in some time ago. :)

7. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Because the problem wasn't with Siege, it's with the normal servers. If we have 10 other accounts as it is now we can only coown the characters from 1 of them. On Siege you can coown ALL the characters from 10 accounts. You have 1/7th the characters so no change is needed for you. If someone on Siege has 70 accounts they want to coown to be equal then the help they need doesn't lie with EA. :D

#7 claudia-fjp, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LoL, Gamers Annomous But i have somone already telling me 10 accounts isnt enought, Ohh boy hee heee, no names but a bar is his signature

9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

But it is a problem on siege with large guilds.

10. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Really? Is that TRULY the issue? Isn't "large guilds on Siege" an oxymoron? Do you really have to let your whole guild have the ability to secure containers in your house instead of just using Friending and access levels?

On Siege I once had a friend coowned. He sold his account forgetting to mention it to me and I was looted of millions circa 2001. So COOWNING your entire "large" Siege guild probably isn't the best idea. Think of it as saving you from having to post about being robbed blind at a future date. You can have plenty of FRIENDS though.

Lord Frodo and MalagAste like this.
  11. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed

Well i see your point but still would like to be able to co own more than 10 to certain houses.

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

This happened to me on GL. *sighs*.... And sadly whoever it was stole the only copy of the Legendary Llama part 2 in existence so I was never able to put on the play. What I wouldn't give for that book.... sadly it's likely been dropped in the trash years ago.

Ah well.

As for what Mesanna said I've been begging for this for years so I can hardly wait... She knows I bring it up at least once a month or so. Now if they finally do add it so I can have 70 per house I'll have to find a new pet project to harp on every month.

#12 MalagAste, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  13. Tazar

Tazar Guest

*sighs* Couldn't we go to 100 characters? It's a nice round number compared to 70... :p

Bazer likes this.
  14. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I don't understand the question.
    If it goes by account that means all the characters on the account are co-owned by default (like bans work). Is this correct?
    Why is there a limit at all? If I want to co-own everyone on the damn shard to my house why prevent that? It's my problem if I get robbed or want to delete someone and have to go through 5k pages of names to find them...
    I mean, if you're going to go in and change something like this anyway, why leave the limit?

Martyna Zmuir likes this.
  15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

No... sadly it does not work that way. Characters are co-owned one by one rather than by account. I wish it were otherwise as it would make setting up cross-co-owns a lot easier.

Agreed. Back when the KR client was in use - there seemed to be no limit to the number of co-owners or friends. I really do not see the reason for a limit. If they feel that co-owners really should be limited - then I would suggest a new class for "accounts on the same master account" making them all automatically owners or able to be assigned owner status.

16. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Then they aren't really changing anything??

17. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It sounds like to me that they are going to change it to account not char. IE Take and Co-Own ONE char on a account and all chars on that account are now Co-Owned.

18. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

That's what I thought too. Others seem to be reading it differently. I wonder what interpretation is correct.

19. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Keep in mind all of that data would have to be stored and tracked. I imagine it wouldn't be very healthy for the server or client to have 5k pages of coowners. Hell I can't even do a full run around the whole server without the client crashing from loading too much house data as it is.

20. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you look at what Messana said it gives you up to 70 players total, that is assuming all 10 of your accounts have 7 chars each. I I do not see any other way to read it.

21. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't care either way.... I can't wait!

22. Tzadkiel

Tzadkiel Adventurer

This makes me happy! Not that it is all about me.....Seige kinda took it on the chin though it appears.

23. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Actually it wouldn't put ONE extra bit of data on the server. Right now, those not co-owned are friended or accessed in another way, the only change to the data is which LIST the name appears on. I see no reason for the 70 limit on it either, seems a bit silly to have a limit. No idea how many 'friends' a house can have as never actually tried to 'max' it, but still why not 125 like other things or just no limit accept for the discretion of the house owner.

Still this is something I have also been asking for since around 2003-4 and it is good to finally see it happen.

24. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

"Up to" is key. It sounds more like 10 accounts, not 70 characters. That is, if you don't want all your characters on account B co-owned to house A you still can't get your husband's account on there if you already have 10 accounts friended, even if you haven't hit 70 characters on your list.

25. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

That sounds like a "user" error to me. IE: your computer can't take the load.
    There are lots of game that hold a lot more data than UO.

26. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Just want to go on record here, I'm not knocking the change. I am one of the people who need it.
    What I don't understand is the limitations. Just like the limitations on pet stalls. I guess the game just needs to be updated to accept things like this. It just bugs me that they went in to fix it and they still set a limit of 10 accounts.

27. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

My computer runs WoW and SWOTOR at the same time with no problem... It's a problem with the UO client, most likely a memory leak.