1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Changes Update

Discussion in 'Beta Testing Archive' started by Mesanna, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Greetings All,

I wanted to let you know that we are reading your feedback and we are in the process of making changes to the following:

1. Boat Control - you have to grant access to anyone to control your boat, they can not just take control.
    2. Boat Access - you will be granting access to the cannons etc on your boat to the people you invite.
    3. Sea Market Crowd Control - Since we are seeing such a traffic jam here we are assuming the same thing will happen on production shards, so we are putting in a 20 minute parking time, if you boat is still there after 20 minutes it will be teleported a short distance from the market.
    4. Making the three boats unique. Below is a chart of how the different boats will be different.

Orc Boat

Cannons 7
    Turn Delay 2
    Drift Speed 1
    Durability 100K
    Cannon Damage 150%
    Hold Size 14K stones

Gargoyle Boat

Cannons 7
    Turn Delay 1
    Drift Speed 1
    Durability 140K
    Cannon Damage 100%
    Hold Size 12K stones

Tokuno Boat

Cannons 5
    Turn Delay 3
    Drift Speed 2
    Durability 100K
    Cannon Damage 100%
    Hold Size 16K stones

Thank you everyone! And special thanks to everyone that helped with all the screenshots the other day!

Mesanna

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Great changes, Fantastic solution to the Market traffic!

3. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Possible to limit the number of specific cannon types a ship can have? Being able to have only 1 or 2 heavy cannons on a Tokuno ship could help offset it being faster.

4. Cal_Mythic

Cal_Mythic Guest

Hey Crysta we thought about that but there are limitations right now on changing the number of weapon pads on the boats.

We did discuss it but for right now they weapon pad numbers are fixed.

-c

5. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Nono.. not the number of cannons, the number of a certain type. Like.. Tokuno can only have 3 light cannons and 2 heavy rather than all heavy like now

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I agree there Crysta that is an interesting idea.

Also ..... what about the hold of the ship? Does that get the same treatment or is everyone granted access allowed in my hold?

And you didn't mention anything about the other thought on customizing the Pilot.

Also no mention of the stacking issue with fish... will this be fixed?

7. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Good to the ship/steering access changes. You didn't mention the hold, so that still needs to be addressed.

You need to add an open boarding option so we can move a mass of people easily. Having to grant access for each person during an event is going to be a pain in the ass...

Good for the sea market access change too, hopefully boats won't wind up stacking 'on top' of eachother.

You must make the fish stackable before launch. There is no logical reason they shouldn't. You know that we want EVERYTHING that can stack TO stack when released. (Since your retroactive stacking fixes are abysmal, do it now.)

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You don't feel that the greater turn delay and lower durability on the Tokuno boat offsets the better straight line speed? It makes it less maneuverable in a fight situation?

9. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What is Turn Delay? Which number is faster, 1, 2 or 3?

Whats is Drift Speed? Which number is faster, 1 or 2?

What are numbers for legacy boats and rowboats?

10. MsMel68

MsMel68 Guest

Fish need to not only stack but the same fish all need to be turned the same way. My hold is full of fish (item wise) because we have so many new fish turned both ways. I did find out that the cups of bait can be added together to help with storage but when you have mibs and fish there isnt enough room. I love that the holds are holding 12000+ stones but items are a problem

11. Mesanna

Mesanna UO Producer | Dark OverLady
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That is my mistake, depending on the rank you are giving that will determine what you have access to including the hold. We are already addressing the option to just have "open house" on your ship if you desire so anyone can board.

Mesanna

12. Disenchanted

Disenchanted Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Changes look good, a couple of questions:

Will t-maps be updated with the recommendations?

Will the frost dragon and cold drake be tamable?

13. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Will anyone being able to board mean that they can also access your hold? I do think you need to treat the deck and the hold as two seperate accesses on this one. Also, are you going to change the 'you've accepted my party so I have access to your whole ship, hold included' thing? Is it possible to add an 'eject from boat' or 'ban from boat' thing, as we can with houses?

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

nice :) i like the rank thing to

15. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Thank you Mesanna!

I still say you need a promotion... :thumbup1:

16. Gowron

Gowron Guest

What about features to allow sailing between facets that otherwise support boat travel?

There should be no reason not to be able to sail between Tram, Fel, T2A, and Tokuno. In fact, that should be among the premeir features.

17. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

/signed.

18. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Does "drift speed" just account for the sideway motions, or is it a general speed increase?

The Fast and the Furious: Tokuno Drift?