1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Tech Help] Changing The Enhanced Client Map

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by CheesePlant, Dec 27, 2011.

1. CheesePlant

CheesePlant Guest

I was wondering if you can replace the map graphic in the Enhanced Client?

Someone suggested altering facet0x.dds but the file doesn't existing and the other .dds and .uop files won't open in Photoshop.

Changing trammel.jpg inside the main EC folder doesn't change the graphic either.

Has anyone managed to do it, or know how to do it?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

why change it? What would you change it to?

3. CheesePlant

CheesePlant Guest

I want to make a better higher quality map. It won't be as detailed as the existing map but thats one reason why I think it looks so bad.

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you can't do that, and the jpg files are part of my UI :p

the dds files of the map can be edited, but if you do that the game won't read it anymore.

5. CheesePlant

CheesePlant Guest

How does your UI use the trammel.jpg, I've edited it and don't see any change in game?

Its a massive shame I can't change the map image... maybe I need to look at changing the UO Cart image, is that even possible?

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

it's a file used by EC Playsound not by the game....

About uo cart I can't help you since I don't know if it picks the image from the game folder or uses an image file... I don't use uo cart at all :D