1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Changing up my Tamer/Mage?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by birdtail, Mar 30, 2013.

1. birdtail

birdtail Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hi all, I have an old Tamer/Mage that I want to change up. I realize that I rarely utilize the magery part of my template, aside from gate travel and the occasional flamestrike. I like to fight with my GD and hide basically- I feel that I could be using my points in a different manner way more. I also NEVER meditate. I used to spawn with a guild and let my dragon tank while i cast earthquake and such.

I want to stay PVM mostly on this character but I want to be able to do Champ Spawns on my own! I have a nice dragon who could tank for me.

Ive read about Necromancy being nice for the undead that can fight for you that dont take up a slot.

What about Chivalry?

What about ARCHERY????

Currently
    115 Lore
    115 Taming
    100 Eval Int
    110 Magery
    85 Meditation
    105 Resist
    90 Vet

These are all real skills (no jewels). Thought about dropping Meditation for Healing. Thought about dropping Magery, Med, and Eval Int all together for Archery, Anatomy, and Tactics. I DEFINITELY want to keep my Taming Skills.

Any suggestions or help? I dont know very much about Bushido, Necro, Spellweaving, or Chivalry really.

#1 birdtail, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I run the following on my PvM tamer:

120 taming (30 on jewels)
    120 lore
    100 vet
    110 mage
    110 eval
    100 hiding
    60 or 70 stealth (cant remember)

I set the GD to follow then walk around the spawn area in stealth. The spawn then locks onto the GD and will still follow when walking. Once in a suitable position it's time for "All kill" then I stand back and tank the mobs with chain lightning or earthquake while the GD does the rest. As most of the mobs are locked onto the GD its easy to stand back and greater heal, or even get in close for bandies.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah a few of the guys in the guild demolish spawns with this spell. I've never had a necro myself but they sure look powerful.