1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Channels

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Magnus, May 18, 2008.

1. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So, we have Party, we have Guild, we have Alliance channels, but no Factions channels. But never fear, I am here with a suggestion.

Both clients have a ingame chatroom like 'conferences' which we could use to chat to each other, everyone can be in it, it can be password protected and its very useful indeed. Below are screenshots of how one would go about it in either client. It is (obviously) much more useful in KR than 2D, but both are very well done, though 3Ds client for the conference was much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The /help in KR will give you all the information you need to do the commands in the client (/c [channelname] [text] will allow you to type in your channel) and 2Ds is pretty straightforward. :)

2. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Chats are weak. I don't like it. The CL can send out faction messages several times a day. Thats plenty really..

3. Magnus

Magnus Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, in battle that can be a big issue. Plus there is a delay timer, and if theres a massive attack/movement going on like there hopefully will be in the upcoming events, a realtime solution really is needed.

4. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There isn't a delay timer.

5. TexasBlack

TexasBlack Guest

:thumbup: Well Magnus I play on the KR client and use guild chat often so I think having a factions channel it's not a bad idea at all. But I also use ventrilo and I would have to say I prefer it because it's faster. The channel would be a great addition for people that are not in a guild so they can still stay up to date with those in their same faction but the danger of having spy's in there would be higher I think.;) I'm not paranoid just practical now if I could just figure out how to setup macros in KR the macro box needs some attention devs I liked the drop down menus better I made fewer mistakes with it . This is not a flame I like KR just hate the instruction manual. :thumbup:

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!