1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chaos/Order Revival !!! Ideas While Game is Broken

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jun 19, 2012.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

FELUCCA IS A DANGEROUS LAND!! Lets feel some of that nervous/excitement we all once had when we see that red gate again

Stat Loss - Chaos-Order

1. Temporary/Perma Stat Loss
    1st - 10th Death : 0.1 Point Loss
    10th - 20th Death : 0.2 Point Loss
    30th - 50th Death : 0.3 Point Loss
    Perma Stat Loss is a chosen path for a price .01 Point Skill loss On Death for an increased skill cap
    (100-115) (105-120) (110-125) (115-130) (120-135) hard cap of 720 still valid* - makes for less OP templates

- Your stat loss decays over time...burn those counts baby 40-50 hours - unless perma*
    - Chaos/Order specific armor - not uber leet just something to make it worth it
    - Chaos/Order specific title - "Bane of Chaos" "Divine Member of Order" etc...
    - Chaos/Order driven towns like factions ie: Chaos - FELUCCA -Buc's Den Order: Trammel - Luna
    - Lesser prices on NPC bout goods maybe 40%
    - Revamped Bucs Den
    - Position of Power ( Leader of the Light , Minion of Evil )
    - Cannot receive or give beneficial acts
    - 20 minute time is added ofter initial death before skill loss can occur again
    - Skill loss may be bought down by an NPC for a hefty price - 1mil per (Help the economy)
    - Bounty System (Donate heads to your Affiliating Matriarch for favor points - needed to buy items must be titled Slain By : "you" to avoid trading buying or selling

.....very raw idea........ideas anyone? :gun: *boom*

2. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

As long as the penalties arnt too steep. Last thing that is needed is to drive people away from pvp style play.

3. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Given the current events have Dupre returning and plenty happening where Blackthorn used to be, I can't help but wonder if O/C is being considered as part of UO future......

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Maybe some EC graphic revamp ideas as well:

O *Corp Por*
    -|-/ ))))
    /\

Battle mage w/ wand

O *PEW PEW PEW*
    *-|-D >>---> >>---> >>--->
    /\

Archer with heal timer icon

♦O *EVADE EVADE EVADE*
    |-|-
    */\

Evading sampire wielding a diamond mace

5. sativa green

sativa green Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

stat loss is one of the worst things that can happen to pvp. it keeps people out of the fight when there's already limited people to fight.

hen and FrejaSP like this.
  6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Agree, it's something that never should be back in UO

Zosimus and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  7. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why not make it how it was before - i don't recall it ever being that broken other than people not using it. No no extra items, that's a faction thing. Maybe only Chaos/Order shield but that's it. Make sure it's everywhere not just fel...

Raptor85 likes this.
  8. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would so get behind this, no bonuses, no stat loss, just picking a side of the fight (but there has to be some sort of "worn" symbol to show your affiliation, since chaos/order shields are allowed to anyone now maybe a choice of tunics or robes similar to current faction robes) Add on a non-decaying kill counter to keep score and could be fun.

9. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've had conversations with both Cal and Jeff about this idea after collecting some of my own data and both said it was a possibility but not slated for the current year (Cal in 2011 and Jeff in 2012). I have not yet messaged Mesanna about it, but plan to at some point. Jeff's message to me mentioned the possibility of two options going forward with factions, one of which could be order/chaos (he didn't say what the other was, nor did I ask). However, I'm not quite sure how to view the recent changes to factions in light of that. I would personally love to see a return to O/C as I'm sure many others would.

Mirt, FrejaSP and Kael like this.
  10. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I would like to see it in a way, where the more PvP minded in a guild could join Order or Chaos a a kind of military in the guild but the young members and the crafters in the guild would not be forced to join.
    Maybe make it so if a guild choose to allow members to join order, The one who join can be attacked everywhere of Chaos but the Neutral members can only be attacked in outside guard zone. Not all like to be attackable in towns. Could work same way with faction.