1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

character abducted?

Discussion in 'UO Lake Superior' started by peanutbutter, Feb 27, 2009.

1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

went to log into my account tonight and it said i had another character logged in and had to wait to time out. so i went through all my characters until i got to my red archer... i know for a fact that i logged him out at my house earlier today, but when i logged in on him he was in the middle of nowhere sitting on a server line (south-east of the yew crypts). also, he was hidden (and i don't have hiding).

what up with that? anyone ever have that happen before?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I recommend you change your password, pdq, and if possible from another computer. Log in to uo.com and check your account details are as they should be, especially the email address. If there is *any* doubt scan your pc for trojans.

3. Flinnt

Flinnt Guest

I have had that happen before too. Except I logged on a server line in fel t2a. I believe it has something to do with flaws in their buggier-than-hell insta log system. Slipping through their server lines or something. I changed my password just to be safe, but I don't think it was someone hacking your account.

4. Ashlen

Ashlen Guest

And to add to what Petra said

Your email acct that is attached to your UO acct
    should be different than the email acct you use for
    everything else. Such as signing up for the boards,
    paypal, ect.....
    Make the email for your UO acct something that is used
    for that alone or for Personal things only.

Many times when accts are hacked it through their email
    accounts that are used for all those things i mentioned.
    When everyone jumps in and says "they had to give
    out their user info to someone" when infact someone just
    got their email address and hacked away.

Be safe