1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character advice

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by dupapa, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dupapa

dupapa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I currently have a tamer that is set as follows

110 (100 real) Animal lore
    110 (100 real) Animal taming
    both can be made 120 using both jewlery slots but normally substitue extra slot for mana regen or other usfull mods
    100 magery
    100 med
    100 music
    98.8 Vet
    86.5 peacemaking

template works fine for most things, use a gd mostly just for the tank reasons so i can relax,

reason im posting it in this forum is i am wanting to make a treasure hunter, an after reading i can see to be a treasure hunter its not an quick template to make, espec when wanting to do higher level chests,

thinking of dropping peace and music, and putting Cartography and lock picking, so ill end up as a tamer treasure hunter / weaker tamer solo hunter mix? sorry if i dont explain well

i dont use peace at all on my tamer, havent needed to tame a new pet for a long time,

would anyone else do it different, im open to suggestion,

thanks

2. dupapa

dupapa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Can anyone offer any guidence?

3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Please look a little deeper into this forum

There are MANY MANY posts about different templates for T Hunting.

ATM i believe the Temp of choice is a Bard, Mystic =

Music
    Disco
    Mystic
    Focus
    LP
    Mage

And this leaves you with One more skill.

Carto to decod the map then stone it off for Mining to find the location.
    You can then even recal out and back and stone of Mining for Provo.

Since you want to use your tamer base, rem that it take up THREE skills to get them.

You have to have LP other than that all the other skills can be moved around at will.

:scholar:

4. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My skills are..

Mystic 110
    Magery 110
    Focus 110
    Cart 100
    Lock Picking 100
    Minning 100
    Meditation 110.

I use jewlery to make up points.
    I have np soloing lvl 6.. 7 are a little harder but not much..

GM,ing LP and cart are easy...LP can be done using progresive paragon chest ...
    You just use alot of lockpicks..

Cart is easy enough also.....the 2 skills LP and Cart can be done in weeld being discoed by a satyr when you are higher and said skills..

You need to goto elftown near Yew and get quest to kill Dread Horn to get into the weeld..

If you have trouble to find places there are more then enough people to help you..

As a mystic collosus can take almost anything down in time...

Mass sleep is good as peace skill...

5. dupapa

dupapa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

interesting about bard - t hunter being popular, not fancying rais provo though :)

T-Hunt - like the look of that template... it means im going to have to wipe a char an start from scratch but i think its worth it is ive still not used mystic yet,

when you say LP can be done of a paragon chest could you expand on that? the reason i ask was gogin to go down the locked box route (60 tinker and gm made boxes) but i have LOADS of locked Mis~ para chests!

Many thanks for all the replies ive got food for thought for sure