1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character bug: can't buy from vendor

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Thav12, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Weird bug / problem. On one of my characters, I can't seem to buy anything.

Using the EC/pinco's UI, it tells me I am trying to pick it up from a vendor's bag using the right button, using the left does not do anything. Only on one character. Can't figure out if it is a settings problem or what. Has anyone seen this before? Solutions?

Logging in and out no difference, all other characters are fine.

2. The first thing to try whenever a character gets bugged that doesn't also happen to other characters- first backup and then delete the character profile and restart the game to create a new one. If that works, you can use the backup to quickly recreate all your settings and macros.

3. Thav12

Thav12 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

after two weeks of sheer irritation, of course I find out what it was 2 minutes after posting on stratics.

Setting in Pinco's UI: Enable quick loot on all containers.

If that is enabled, you can't buy of vendors anymore.

Thanks Old man of UO for your suggestions. That was solid advise, and I have used those steps for previous problems.

Pinco, if you read this, can you make an exception for the quick loot function for vendor bags as well?

4. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

5. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The UI can't tell if it is a vendor container or other container. He added a toggle button you can put in your hotbar so you can turn it on and off for buying from vendors.

it's under Actions->Pinco's UI

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I can't detect if is a backpack or the vendor container so just use the toggle... that's why do exist :D

7. Thanks for posting the solution - I don't use the Quick Loot setting, and didn't realize that and would have been stumped also.

8. Ultimaholic

Ultimaholic Guest

Instead of toggling I just left click the item I want to buy so it has the target window up...than ya can right click the target and get your "buy" gump.