1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character Look

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by MrShortBus, Mar 23, 2011.

1. MrShortBus

MrShortBus Guest

Is there any kind of 'look' that wont give away a thief? If you could post some pictures of what to look like and what not to look like, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Honestly I don't think "Look" matters to much unless you are stalking a group. Then you'd want to use a disguise kit and a few spare changes of clothes to give yourself a different look.

I mean if I can hand out visible at Yew Gate on some shards with the name of my guild (THIEF) visible for anyone to see and not get paid attention to, then it shouldn't be a big deal...

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You guys used THEIF? Pfft. Our THIEF branch used inconspicuous smilies as tags, such as (^_^). :p

Oh I used (^ ^) all other variations were taken... but my Guild Title is displayed on my character...

4. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I believe a thief should stick to two general appearance schemes.
    Good looking and impressive in their appearance - this is often distracting and people forget to worry about you because they're enamored by you.

Really really prepared - Geared out specifically to maximize your templates and your efficacy.

5. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Thieves should be smexy. [That's right, Kimi--I said "smexy"].

6. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

everyone knows real thieves dress up as jesters....

...and occasionally as pirates.

as for gear, what gear? clothing and some arcane boots is more than enough. what really matters is the hat, and how it's color matches your clothes. Without a proper hat/shirt color scheme you can never be 100% awesome.

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Unless you're running up to people and stopping, dressing in a death robe, etc, it shouldn't matter. This age in the game appearances don't really give away a thief anymore. Mostly because people don't think thieves play much since insurance was added.

But to really hide yourself, stealth around people :p

I am almost always hidden/stealthed. I use shadow jump to get next to people most of the time and use it to jump away from them. So they never see me to begin with.