1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character Plan

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by donjn, Aug 10, 2009.

1. donjn

donjn Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I really want to try a Treasure Hunting build. However, I don't want to have a total of 5 characters in UO. Four is what I am shooting for. I won't list my pure Paladin as he can stay put but here is what I have with the last three:

Almidar: Mage
    Meditation 100
    Evaluating Intelligence 92.9
    Magery 89.4
    Tailoring 78.5
    Inscription 77.6

Jareth: Necromancer/Fencer
    Necromancy 87.4
    Spirit Speak 86.7
    Meditation 83.9
    Fencing 75.8
    Anatomy 64.8
    Tactics 59
    Parrying 56 (down, gonna kill it)
    Magery 53.1

Lothgar: Crafter
    Mining 91.8
    Blacksmithy 88.3
    Tinkering 85.8
    Magery 72.6
    Lumberjacking 64.8
    Carpentry 49.8
    Arms Lore 33.9

Soulstone
    Musicianship 87.2
    Peacemaking 85.3
    Provocation 85.1
    Chivalry 55.6

Now, here is the thing. I thought about combining my Mage and Necromancer together on Almidar and keeping the Fencing melee skills on Jareth and adding Cartography and Lockpicking. However, I have read that when you do treasure hunting it seems that a melee character would not go well and the escapability of a Bard/Mage would do better.

I also really enjoy my Necromancer/Fencer. So that leaves my Mage. I can move Tailoring and Inscrption somewhere but here are my questions overall:

1. By moving Tailoring and Inscrption and giving Almidar Cartography and Lockpicking that leaves me with only room for two skills from my Soulstones: Musicianship and BLANK. What would be better? Provocation or Peacemaking?

2. Now we have to have a spot for Tailoring and Inscription. Because I am stubborn and do not want to stone them or keep them on another character, I am thinking of dropping two of the following below from Lothgar. Name two skills below which are just not that useful:

Mining
    Blacksmithy
    Tinkering
    Lumberjacking
    Carpentry
    Arms Lore
    Tailoring
    Inscrption

3. Am I wrong to think that I melee treasure hunter can't defend himself? If so, what should he dump Parrying for? Hiding?

Thanks!

2. bard for the win provo/peace the mobs when they arive and then use magery or a weapon skill to get rid of them

3. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you want to solo high end maps there are really only 2 templates that work.
    The Tamer TH or the Bard TH, or a combination of both.
    Either can solo level 6 maps with a little practice.

360 in tame vet lore ( or as high as you can get)
    100 magery
    100 for lp and cart switched out as needed
    100 for peace
    100 for music

This is my fav template...area peace gets you and your pet out of trouble. A suit with built in MR is handy with this but not necessary.
    You don't cast too much.

or

360 music provo discord
    100 cart or lp
    115 magery
    120 med
    provo and discor the guardians as they spawn

as more spawn pops disco and drop evs

Different strokes for different folks...but these are two excellent templates if you like to solo high end maps.