1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Race for New Tamer

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Obsidian, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

May 21, 2008
    I'm starting my first tamer... ever. Seriously. I'm going to build the basic Disco Tamer template espoused by many in this forum. My char is currently an elf, but I am considering making him a human for the extra carrying capacity and JOAT. With nocturne earrings, the only benefit of elves for a tamer is the +20 taming.

What race would you make your tamer? Is there a good reason not to run Human?

2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Feb 26, 2004
    If you plan on taming CU's, you will need to be elf. Aside from that, either race will work fine for taming. My tamers have always been humans though I did change at one point in time to tame CU's but ended up going back to human.
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

May 18, 2008
    You see quiet some tamer gargoyles these days since Greater Dragons are the general pet of choice, and you can fly while you have a GD out. Cannot mount on the the other races.
    Not my choice...just saying!
  4. Aragoni

Aragoni Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 18, 2008
    The Point is 5 slots is **** !!