1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character Searches

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Belshazzar, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am looking to get back into UO for a spell and was trying to access the MYUO site apart of Mythics website and says it was down until further notice and that was back in 6/11 of this year. Is there a way to see if all my characters are still there before i start playing again?

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There is no telling when it will be back up imo. Could be tomorrow, could be next July *shurgs*. All of your chars should still be there tho, I know a few folks that have not paid in 7 years and all their chars were still there once they were able to log back on.

Welcome back. :thumbup: well... almost anyway :)

3. Belshazzar

Belshazzar Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

yeah tried to activate two accounts and after half hour on phone with their billing department they dont understand why none of my cards will work, and of course the UO department has left for the day, go figures lol

4. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,
    not sure if this helps but MYUO is actually not down :).

I use this here and it seems up to date for all shards (I cannot tell you if it will find any chars not loged in for a while though):

https://ultimaonline.jp/myuo/char_search.phtml

THis is the official japanese site and they still have MYUO.

Simply chose your shard from the left drop down menu and enter your chars name in the box next to it. Finds all mine on Europa.

The japanese UO team rocks :) !

Hephaistos of Europa

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is the MYUO Database the same for both the Japanese and non-Japanese websites or are they using different databases for their characters searches ?

I mean, if they search through the exact same Database and the japanese access works, I do not understand why the non-japanese access should not have been working and for quite some time now.....

6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

it's like you haven't even been paying attention to the way things are done around here at all ... :)

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Bels - the only way the characters wouldn't be there is if you got hacked. There's not been any kind of deliberate wipe in over a decade, if ever.

And, MyUO wouldn't help anyway. IIRC, it only shows characters that have logged on in the last 30, 60 or 90 days (forget which).

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

30 days Basara. I'm afraid even if it were working it would be no help at all in this case.

9. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting tweet for Jeff Skalski inre: MyUO coming back ever?

Jeff "If we can work out the security issues with it, yes. Crossing my fingers we bring it back when we relaunch UO.com next year."