1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Character stuck in transfer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by altarego, Feb 24, 2010.

1. altarego

altarego Guest

I've had a character stuck in transfer between shards for almost 12 hours now. Whats the best channel to contact EA to get something like this resolved and how do I contact them? Thank you for your help.
  2. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

Sep 18, 2008
    Have you logged out the character? I had the same issue. I freaked out as I'm betting you are too. When I finally logged out and and then logged back in, there I was in my nice new home shard.

Hope this works for you.
  3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 27, 2003
    I've had that happen a couple of times, and my buddies can attest to the very frantic IMs that ensued

you're just standing there, greyed out, and can't move and it doesn't log you out, and you're terrified to do anything and wreck the transfer process, sound right?

but 12 hours, no, I never stayed logged on like that for that length of time.... I think my record is somewhere around half an hour.... if you are still logged in, yes, just close the client and check your destination shard

if, however, you've done that and you're character still hasn't shown up, I would give them a call..... the Knowledge Base says that the process "can take up to 30 minutes" and you're long past that

(oooops, sorry, forgot the phone number -
    (866) 543-5435 )
  4. Mairut

Mairut Guest

Ouch. I don't have any advice to offer, I'd just like to wish you Good Luck getting this fixed and I hope everything works out ok :)
  5. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Like Amber, it happened to me once too. After an hour, I exited the client and logged on to the new shard and everything was there including my 5 full packies.

Also, when doing transfers, I remember they have a special log that will allow the support team to see the list of stuff being transferred in case of failed transfers. This is I think the 1 exception to their "We do not replace items" rule.
  6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    i have the same issue, GM wont help nor will EA, i haven't be able to log onto the shard over month now.. i just gave up
  7. UOFree

UOFree Guest

Transfer to that shard again....

The problem is that you might have been logged in on the shard and not logged out a safe place. Then changed to the shard you wanted to xshard from. and transfered to the shard. If you transfer again it should all work.