1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Character Transfer between accounts?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DHMagicMan_1, Aug 23, 2008.

1. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I'm guessing they don't allow it... but some games do.

I haven't played UO in forever and I have several accounts, I'd like to transfer a character from account B to account A so that I can let account B lapse again and keep playing with all the chars I am interested in.

I see lots of codes to do all kinds of stuff including "Character Transfer" but those seem to be just between servers... is there such a thing as moving from one account to a second?

Thanks.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

No, not available.

( generally for all the same reasons that soulstones -which allow skills to be transfered between characters- are account-bound )

3. This is the exact reason why they won't ever do this, because it doesn't profit them in the long run to let you transfer characters for a one time fee and shut down an account that your paying a monthly fee on.

4. Shanna

Shanna Guest

*shudders at the thought of players selling characters*

5. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

I figured this would be the case but just thought I'd ask. Some MMOs allow this and I didn't know if UO was doing it or not.

Thanks for the replies.

6. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think that the primary reason multiple accounts are kept open is to hold additional housing.

A strong secondary reason would be certain skills that are needed (such as Taming) and are hard to raise in short order on a primary account. So, second (and third..) accounts are purchased to get these skills up and running right away.

If skill gain were easier (or at least more uniform among the various abilities) then a character exchange solution would cost the company far less in revenues -- with an appropriate fee attached, it might even do the bottom line some good.

7. Azureal

Azureal Guest

This is somehow worse than EA selling premade "Advanced" characters?

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

(1) If EA gets the money, we all benefit in fraction going to added resources for development. If a scripter gets the money, we get nothing.

(2) Advanced character tokens are only 70-85 skill ... the hardest stretch is still ahead.

9. Don't forget purchasing an account for RL cash would be against the rules though.