1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Charactor Copy does'nt transfer macros?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was really expecting this for the enhanced client, where I can see no way of transferring my UI setup or macros anywhere. Am I blind or is this possible?

If not please give us this option in the future. The EC is insanely non-modable in certain areas. I still cant get over losing custom music with the new client.

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Log out of UO and then Navigate on your hard drive to:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Computer Name)\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Account Name)\(Shard Name)\

Right Click on the file named for the character you want to copy the macros and desktop setting from and select copy.

Navigate on your hard drive to:

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Computer Name)\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Account Name)\TC1\

Paste the file there.

Reload UO and you should be all set.

3. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

In fact it is written on the first screen when you press the Start Character Copy button:

But you can copy the character file on the C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\Account_Name\Home_Shard and paste it to the TC1 folder. It will copy the desktop too.

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This should read:

Thanks Taz

5. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You're right, it should have explained how to copy the macro files (for both clients). By the way, the folder locations I've posted is for Vista, I think Tazar posted XP or 7, I'm not sure for other versions but it is basically under the Documents or My Documents folder.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Mine were for XP. The system came with Vista and I made them give me XP as well... the Vista is still on a shelf in the original shrink-wrap. lol

I'll update to 7 one of these days...

7. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Might as well wait for 8 now. :wall:

8. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

some people really like windows 7 ?

9. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Good choice. Vista... :mad:

10. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Yea 7 is pretty sweet! The search function on every page! only reason I switched from XP

11. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

They had to hire a board of lobbyists to make me switch from windows 2000 which works perfectly fine and is much faster and dosen't do stuff you never asked it to do on his own :rant2: