1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chat Ignore Crashes Client

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Connor_Graham, Mar 5, 2010.

1. For about the 8th or 9th time now, while placing people on my ignore list from chat, my client has crashed to the desktop. This is with no one else about, in an area with no object handles visible, doing nothing more than using the ignore feature. Has anyone else experienced this? This issue really needs to be addressed, and quickly.

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I haven't had that problem, but have noticed a lot of annoying freeze-ups lately, especially while on Origin. It's almost gotten to the point of making things unplayable because you never know when or where it's going to happen.

3. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Buncha folks crashed multiple times last night on Atl.

4. Mairut

Mairut Guest

This. It's getting very, very annoying :cursing:

They need to quit poking the hamster(s), and let it/them do their job(s).

5. Go find somewhere quiet (or not so quiet if you'd like), then place several people at once onto the ignore list. Watch your client crash. It happens every time.

6. Heartseeker

Heartseeker Guest

Connor, even more reason for a Classic Shard.:lol:

7. canary

canary Guest

If this is on the EC, you may be waiting a looooooooooong time for a fix.

8. Nope, it's on 2D.

9. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

so is it only when you try to add several people at once? If so just add them one at a time.

10. That's crashed it too. It's just more often that I'm needing to add more than one person...

11. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

I have been idocing with 2 chars on 2 different comps, 10 packies can hold a lot of stuff, and twice now when I moved the char I was currently controlling near the one that was just standing there, one of the accounts has crashed.

Seems this may be an old issue, though, from prior idocs I have done in the past 3-4 years.

About 3 years ago I was trying to place at an idoc on Atl and had one of my kids also trying to place, and we both cliented when the idoc fell.

Again on Pac a year or so later a keep fell in Fel and I was on the roof of the keep next door trying to place versus the largest pk guild on the shard.

I saw a keep go up and checked the house sign, no owner name, so I placed the keep.

Later I asked one of the pks why they didnt accept the placement of the keep and he told me the placer had cliented, so I assumed two comps in the same house were trying to place the keep at the same time and cliented like it did with me and my kid that time on Atl.

Do you have two accounts running side by side by any chance?

12. Nope, just one account.