1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chat problem

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Bengedo, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Bengedo

Bengedo Guest

I'm still learning to talk in the game still.I figured out to speak in a party and the regular way.
    When your in a major city and see everyone speaking in trade chat ,how or what do you do to speak in there .

Thanks if anyone can help.

2. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

I typically type:

/1

and then put whatever you wanna say. That channel is normally whatever main channel you're in. 2 is the trade channel.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

You type /1 to talk in the general city/zone chat, /2 to type in trade chat (if you joined the channel, it also depends on what other chat channels you are in as to what number the channels are, but usually it's 2) and /s to say something to nearby people only.

4. Bengedo

Bengedo Guest

thanks you 2 works great now . still learning hopedfully wont ask to many more questions.

5. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Feel free to ask whatever - that's what this is here for.

6. Perhaps I am the unsocial one. When I enter a city for the first time, the first thing I do is turn off "yell," "trade," "guild recruitment," and on non-PvP servers, "local defense."

7. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

How do you turn off Yell? I gotta know this.

Bo

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I create two extra chat windows. One called Local and one called Private. Then I right click on each tab and go to Channels, where I uncheck what I don't want to see on that window.

My 'Local' window only shows Says, Yells, Guild, Party, and Whispers. The Private windows shows less than that, just Guild, Party, and Whispers which is mostly helpful for if I need to go afk, I can come back and see what I missed.

This option allows me to go back to the main general tab and see the general/trade/local defense discussions when I wish to read them.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I have separate chat windows for Guild, Party, Whisper and Trade. I never miss anything, I can always switch to the specific window and scroll back to see. It's very helpful, especially since I can't focus on anything but the fight when I'm in a battleground. [​IMG]

10. <blockquote><hr>

How do you turn off Yell? I gotta know this.

Bo

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold your cursor over the chat area. When it materializes, right-click on the General tab. Under the Filters heading, move your cursor over the Channels sub-menu to expand it. Click to uncheck Yell.

It does not work when NPCs yell.

I wish there was a way to turn off NPC chat.

11. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Thank you, I did not know that!

Bo