1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Chat window omits chat messages.

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Thrakkar, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is very annoying. For every text wrap, the chat window omits one line at the bottom of the chat window.

I.e.:

Let's assume, the chat window's height allows to display 9 lines of text. Now if the window's width is big enough and no text wrapping occurs, following text would be ok:

Now if you decrease the width, so that the lines with precision & skill gains have to wrap, the following will occur:

Thw chat window still would try to display the same 9 lines. Unfortunately only the bold text is visible. The other 4 lines at the bottom of the screen are NOT visible.

The correct display should look like this:

This bug gets extremely annoying, if people are writing long sentences. Is there probably a workaround, I can try?

I already wrote a bug report. Hope that gets fixed soon.

2. Whinemaker

Whinemaker Guest

Just curious, is time stamp on when this happens?

3. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

Indeed.

Just tried it without the timestamp and that bug isn't occuring.

Nonetheless a fix would be appropriate.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nice catch good deal!

5. Whinemaker

Whinemaker Guest

Not exactly a nice catch... just that I bitched about the same problem in an earlier post.

But yeah it'd be great if they fixed it.

6. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

The good thing is, when you turn on timestamp, even the older messages get stamped. Therefore I always have it turned off now and if I want to know the time I switch it on. A little bit annoying but better than nothing...

7. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I posted about this and submitted bug reports months ago, but I didn't realize exactly what was going on. I didn't realize it was a text wrapping issue. Maybe I can "fix" the problem for now by widening my chat window. How wide does it have to be to fix the issue? Or does it have to be as wide as the maximum string length, which would probably be wider than my screen?

edit: Did some testing and answered my own question. It isn't possible to make the chat window wide enough to account for the full length of the line. This needs to be fixed.