1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] chat window..

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by aarons6, Jul 22, 2009.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there is no option to keep the chat window from fading away over time.

there is a huge memory leak. after a few minutes of running, it is using over 1GiB of ram.. witch after a few halts the whole system and causes huge lag and i have to kill the program..

the on screen font, not the journal or chat font, seems to be smoothed or something, its very hard to read.

so far its a good try but not as stable as the kr client is on my system.

2. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

I find that the text above the character is really hard to read. Personally i'd prefer chat bubbles with white text on a dark background.

3. YECH! I'd hate that if that were the only option... too much like WOW or one of the others. Better would be to give us the option to change the overhead chat text so we could choose our own style.

OH... I'd like the option to turn off the overhead chat altogether. I think it was Ash that made a mod for KR that you can automatically squelch users who spam or repeat speech. I use the chat window and would prefer to not have the overhead text at all.

4. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

I like chat bubbles because i can immediately see who said what while looking at the game window instead of watching the chat window.
    Nothing wrong with copying from other games if the idea is good. Everyone does it anyway :p
    But of course i'd like an "ignore" feature too.

5. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What is the command to do Alliance Chat and Guild Chat in KR/SA?

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

/a and /g or just left click the orange icon below the chat window to change chat channels.

7. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the /a /g ....

Your saying that I can change the chat channel and just start typing and it will go to that channel?

8. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, so choose your channel, then space and keep typing

/a I'm in alliance chat

/g I'm in guild chat

/s I'm talking

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've not found a way to do this:

is there a way to maintain the character's overhead speech color in the journal? everyone's text shows up as the same color in journal, just so much easier to identify by individual color

10. Yeah hopefully they will fix it so the text is a bit easier to read :thumbsup: