1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Checking on nightmare location in corrupted forest

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by gortman, Mar 19, 2010.

1. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I was exploring the Corrupted Forest in Malas the other day, checking to see where the nightmare spawn. I didn't do a thorough search, but the only place I found a nightmare was way over on the east/southeast fringes of the forest. Do more spawn in the forest and I just missed them, or is it like the unicorn/ki-rin spawn at Grimswind Ruins where they only seem to spawn in defined areas?

Thanks!

2. [JD]

[JD] Guest

there is a for sure spawn spot on lvl 2 in covetous/fel.

you can mark a rune outside lvl 2 on the path and go in and tame til the reds come get ya. though you're liable to run into more tamers than you will pk's. but insure your stuff anyway

3. Conrad99

Conrad99 Guest

I believe ther is only one that spawns there and you just have to run around the forrest to find it.

That is where I tame my first mare and I remember running all over looking for them after I killed the one I did not want.

4. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I have had to run around those woods before to find the nightmare. It doesnot always spawn in the same spot up there. I typically use the nightmare spawn location in Ilshenar (Kirin Passage), just watch out for the paragons.

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for tips on the other areas. Too much area in the Corrupted Forest to cover if it only spawns one in random places!

6. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've tamed a few in the forest but they can wander from the original spawn point. One they're fresh spawns I find them ok to locate, but it's a bit more awkward than farming them in the kirin passage. You are less likely to see other tamers there though, which is why I tame mares out there - after all these years I still can't seem to tame when someone's watching me lol. Crazy but true :D

Wenchy

7. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Gortman, the map below shows the approximate locations of where I've seen nightmares spawn in the Corrupted Forest. There may be some other locations in there, but these are the places I always check.

Don't forget that if you or someone else just tamed a nightmare from any of these locations, you need to take it off the facet before another one will spawn. If you don't leave the facet with it or you stable it someplace like Umbra, another one will not spawn, possibly until the next day's server-up time.

[​IMG]

8. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the great map Tina! I'll have to mark runes to those spots - already have one at your southeastern most X, which is where I found the nightmare the other day.

Thanks again everyone for the help!

9. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

This is the best location to farm nightmares as far as I am concerned. The mares spawn one at a time, the area that they spawn in is relatively small so you don't have to look too hard for them, you get double the barbed leather if you are killing and skinning them, plus more fame and honour, and there is no other spawn there to worry about. On Cats I've spent dozens of hours, if not hundreds, farming there and I ran into one red once, and maybe one other player once or twice.

10. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I noticed the Hunter's Guide says you can find nightmares in Wind. I went to Tram Wind the other day and didn't see any nightmares. If they are supposed to be there, where do they typically spawn?

11. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure it's Felucca only.

12. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

This page has a map of Wind - they spawn in Wind Park (the swampy/grassy area) but only in Felucca.

Wenchy

13. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the confirmation Shelley and Wenchy - that's what I figured when I didn't see any. :)