1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chemistry with Alchemy? (Mutated Potions Idea)

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Latobian, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Latobian

Latobian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't thought of all the specifics for this idea but I've been drafting a rough outline and here it is! Any feedback or constructive criticisms will be appreciated. Thanks!

Chemistry - Creating Mutated Potions
    (Add-on skill for GM Alchemists)

'Mutated' kegs are concotions of existing potions within the world. Mutated kegs can be created by adding smaller portions of a potion to a larger base (base potion is 51-95% of the keg, mixed with smaller amount of one or more potions to fill it).

Example; Base is 75% invisibility potions mixed with 25% strength to give a chance (percentage) of making a mutant concotion that will allow the user to become invisible and resist passive or active detection by 5 seconds (the strength part).

Example; Base 75% deadly poison mixed with 15% parasitic poison and 10% greater conflaguration. If mutated, keg will produce throwable poison pots that create a 5x5 tile of deadly poison fields with parasitic mites that bite and poison the flesh.

* All mutant kegs have a small percentage of being created, just as with mutant plants.

Things to consider;
    - Should the keg 'ferment' for 24 hours before it's ready to use and it's possible mutation is revealed?
    - If certain mixes aren't compatible, the keg should explode causing damage to the alchemist.
    - What will happen to kegs that do not mutate? Will they become their primary base? (First example, that keg if not mutated will become an invisiblity keg.)
    - Will mixes be accidently revealed via trial and error or will there be a recipe book of sorts to guide the alchemist to creating a possible mutant keg?

This is the furthest I've gotten trying to trouble shoot and plan. Was a spur of the moment idea while making kegs this morning. :p