1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Player Event) ChessieFest 2015 Event: Goblin Barter Auction! Mon Sept 14 at 7PM ET

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Riyana, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

((IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW THIS AUCTION WORKS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR IT! All items should be RP/novelty/silly items and not actual rares/valuables as they will NOT be secure. Items/lots should be creative interpretations/presentations of common items, NOT actual rares. Make sure you bring a variety of random stuff to bid with. Also, you MUST either reserve a spot in this thread or PM/ICQ me as we will only be running 20 sellers for this unique auction.))

Today I visited the auction house and to my horror found something pinned to the door. Surely this was not another threatening note about a kidnapped daughter!​

[​IMG]

To my relief, I found that it was not. Instead it was this message:
    [​IMG]

There was also some melted ice cream on the auction house steps. Clearly the work of a goblin.

Time for another goblin auction apparently! Details were scarce, so I tracked down the only goblin I knew who had the temerity to paste a poster for her own auction onto my auction house door--Soozie Squidglet, who ran the previous Pitmuck Auction.
    [​IMG]

Once again I found Soozie at the Pitmuck playground riding the merry go round and asked her about the sign. After a while I was able to gather the following details:
    -------------

RULES:​

- The Goblin Auction will be held during the ChessieFest 2015 Pre-Fest on Monday, September 14th at 7PM ET.

- Since goblins live in caves and do not have an auction house, the auction will be held in the ChessieFest bar area.

- Soozie Squidglet and Squishy will be running it.

- All items should be RP/novelty/silly items and not actual rares/valuables as they will NOT be secure. This is a SILLY RP EVENT!

- Sellers will present their own items! Tell auction-goers all about your item and why it is worth buying!

- Each seller may contribute only ONE item/lot.

- There is a maximum of 20 lots for the entire auction. (This, apparently, is as high as goblins can count.) Please respond to this thread to reserve an auction slot! You can include a brief description of your item, but please save the full description for the auction itself.

- This is a barter auction. Bidders will bid whatever they have on them to trade for whatever is up for auction, and the seller will choose his/her favorite bid to trade.

- Non-paying bidders and other undesirables will probably be peed on. Such is goblinkind.

-------------​

Soozie is really excited about this auction, and I offered to help by passing the word along. The exact location will be announced and added to this post as soon as possible. Hope to see you there!

----------
    Remember you MUST sign up as space is very limited!

Current signup list:

1. Soozie Squidglet
    2. Ozog Giantfard
    3. Icky Rotblossom
    4. Tinky Footz
    5. Phoenix
    6. NANOC
    7. Niva the Savage
    8. Tigger
    9. Eden

#1 Riyana, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Tinky Feetz

Tinky Feetz Adventurer
    PITMUCK

Dis noo bees tru...Mees kin cownts tu 10!!

old gypsy likes this.
  3. Riyana

Riyana Operations

I think Icky can count to 20. Maybe even 25!

4. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

WEES NEED MORES GOBLINS,PEOOPLE TO PUT STUFF UP FER AUCTION

5. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Icky can count up to 22... 10 fingers, 10 toes, plus 2 ears.

I managed to wake her up this morning and made her promise to bring something to the auction.

Riyana and whiterabbit like this.
  6. Riyana

Riyana Operations

This is today! This will only run for 20 lots, so please sign up if you intend to auction something!

Also remember to bring a wide variety of junk random treasures with which to barter!

old gypsy likes this.
  7. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

hoomies ,elfies, eben flappy wings kin auctions and buys stuffs

old gypsy and Riyana like this.
  8. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

I will try to find something for the auction. Niva the Savage

Riyana and old gypsy like this.