1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chest of Heirlooms?

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Rhiannon, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hello you fishing type people.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I aquired a "Chest of Heirlooms" which I THINK I got fishing but not 100% sure. It was locked and I couldn't open it. Tucked it away and forgot about it.

Found it today and thought it might make a nice trunk for the end of my bed. Then remembered I couldn't open it. Had a friend come by who picked the lock and nearly died in the explosion. Oops.

It has some items that don't seem that valueable to me:
    Leather Ninja Mitts with all resists
    Ring with some luck, resist, provication, dex
    Studded Hiro Sode
    Braclett with peacemaking
    Tekagi with luck
    Leather Ninja pants with all resists
    Kama Orc slayer with a bunch of damage stats
    Daisho with spell channelling, elemental slayer with a bunch of resists and damage
    Ring with resist, intel bonus, and defense

Is this something valuable as a set with the chest? Otherwise, I'll either toss or sell the armor and weapons and enjoy the chest as a foot locker.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

if you HADN'T opened it, the chest is one of the Treasures of Tokuno minors that could have been traded (with nine other items) for a ToT major artifact. It's just a decorative container, once opened.

You got it as a loot drop from one of the three ToT events, not fishing (unless it dropped when you killed a serpent fishing in Tokuno back then).

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I guess my curiosity cost me some gold. Oh well. Makes a nice foot locker. o_O

4. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I vote for a new ToT-Event so Rhiannon can cover her losses. :D

kRUXCg7, Rhiannon and Raider Red like this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't know what a TOT event is but if it will help me recover gold from being stupid and opening the chest, I'm up for it! :D

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I agree... :)
    Besides, look at her Avatar - she's kewl!

7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

A) thanks for the compliment. I love the Enhanced Client and how the paperdolls look. Sure spiffed up my character I've had for nearly 15 years and B) of course I'm cool. At least that's what my grandkids tell me!
    ;)

8. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

ToT = Treasures of Tokuno. That's where you got this chest from.

9. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Treasures of Tokuno was a fun event - but Atlantic got a bigger treasure when Rhiannon returned to UO. :)

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh Taz. You do me too much credit. I'm a hermit who is obsessed with growing plants.
    :lame:

11. Tazar

Tazar Guest

...and I have 11 houses with your plants all over them. :) (Though I did have to go to a few other growers along the way)

12. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Andra told me you had plants from me in your houses. So I guess there is some good that came from it (and will again hopefully). I'm just getting started on the growing again. Once I get a sufficient supply, I'll open up a plant vendor at my house. There will be runes to the house at the Luna Gallery on my vendor there.

13. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Now I'm intrigued by this.... Nearly 15 years? That in itself is intriguing enough - having started myself in the fall of '98 and lasting up until this very moment - I'm wondering what shard you began on? And, equally intriguing, is your "(B)" combined with your admission to being a parent to a parent.... And then there's your avatar and the comment about the EC and how much you liked the difference - that I can not make happen.... Makes me want to continue my investigation as to why I simply cannot run the EC on THIS system.... EA can't figure it out.

Sorry for that, it's just that everytime somebody mentions the EC - I go balistic.... NM... have a great night.
    :eek:

14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I began my journey in this version of Britannia November 1997 on the Atlantic shard. I've come and gone over the years.

I don't think we're supposed to discuss our actual age on the forums but let's just say that my grandson is seriously into something called "Toontown". :)

I'm surprised that you can't run the EC on anything. I ran it on my old computer and didn't have any problems and I'm running it now on my 5 year-old machine and a laptop, both with no problems. I hope you get it figured out so you can see the difference. The only thing I use the old client for is loading vendors. Otherwise, all your stuff is in one pile to people using the old client.

Don't go balistic. That could be ugly.
    :stretcher:

15. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Startle's probably never bothered to check the EC forum to see all the settings to set to minimum/turn off to run on an older machine.

I've not done it recently, but about a year or so ago, to do a trade between accounts, I got the EC running fine on a P4 1400 with 512 GB RDRAM that I bought in August 2000 (only upgrades have been the memory, HDD, adding a 128 MB video card, and upgrading the ME to XP - and all those upgrades predated KR, let alone SA).

16. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

You can toggle "Legacy Containers" on and off in the EC client if you have Pinco's UI installed.

17. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I was told of this "Pincos". I shall try it out.

18. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I started using pinco's about a week ago ,it pretty cool soo cool that I haven't used the cc since.