1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chicago UO Meetup

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by TheScoundrelRico, Oct 14, 2008.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Is taking place this weekend.

Take the time to post some Siege related questions I can bring up to the developers. I plan on being a squeaky wheel at this meeting, lol...la

2. Goron

Goron Guest

1)Greater Dragons. I'm sure you don't need me to go into detail.

2)Animal form. Any chance it will take a control slot?

3)IDOCs, can they fall randomly throughout the day/night? I hate not being able to ever participate because I'm at work (I guess this isn't siege specific)

4)new Faction items. What is the exact way they will work and is there a chance that can be changed... specifically I am pretty sure most people want them to be lootable and wearable independent of rank.

3. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1) Agreement
    2) Agreement
    3) Eh, I dont see it as a balance issue
    4) Perhaps people in TNT feel this way, but I believe most people actually in factions feel there should be a reward for being better at pvp. As far as being lootable, thats fine, you can hold an item hostage, but I still like the idea of it being bound to the original character.

4. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Certainly there should be a reward for being better at pvp! I just don't think an uber item that makes someone already good at pvp even more indestructible should be the reward.

5. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Amazingly all you have to do is join factions and improve your pvp skills and you too can have these "uber" items and be "indestructable". You dont even have to be better than your opponents to hold a rank, just better than your factionmates.

6. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Amazingly, some people on Siege have no interest in pvp. But they do have an interest in being able to defend themselves when raided and an enemy using uber items is tougher to defend against.

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

But those that have PvP templates often times can't PvM very well. This is EA's way of allowing PvPers to get good items without having to farm

8. Goron

Goron Guest

I'll make note that when I said the items should be wearable independent of rank after looted, I still think the wearer should have to be in same evil/good faction as the item to wear it... And I think Speedy has the reason down very well.

9. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Join factions or dont. It is your choice. If you choose not to then miss out on certain advantages, but still enjoy other benefits such as safety in town, no 20 minute stat loss, and choosing who and when you attack.

10. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Vortex you cry about pvpers with good items yet you are in a guild full of pmvers...

I hate to break it to you but if you equip your charcters with just gm armor wearing all 60+resist I would go for 70 but even at 60 you pvmers would destroy a group of pvpers... why do you think everyone waffles about superdragons?

I mean its not hard group up call a target and all kill the guy...

And pvmers can run defense skill and wear good items and then be even way better than a pvper template...

11. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting. So if there were no pvm'ers on Siege, you would all be walking around naked.

Pvm'ers farm the monsters, and you farm the pvm'ers. Interesting view on the cycle of life.

12. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Again a pvmer should have no problem defending there self... If you are not willing to take the time to learn how to stay alive then you deserve to die...

As for anyone farming **** I farm my own items so ya I could care less about your pvmers... who cant even say all guard me and throw a bola, drink cure and heal poitons, cast protection and what not..

13. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

You must not pvm much. The best things to run while pvm'ing are luck or lrc - neither of which give you even remotely decent resists.

Even with a superdragon, a tamer with very low resists is an easy kill.

We have grouped up many times as you say. The raiders run in, focus on one tamer, kill him, run out, rinse and repeat until they are all dead.

Have you ever noticed that defenders lose about 90% of the time? Even when its KOC or TnT defending?

14. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thats where you are wrong... I do pvm a lot I just said I farm my items... like I said if you choose the easy way out it's not my problem if you are to lazy to equip regs and choose to run ****ty lrc items who fault is that?

Orny 20 LRC, Boom Stick 20 LRC, Runic armor easy to make a lrc suit with all 70's resist...

All it boils down to is your guild is lazy...

15. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

That's most likely the problem *shrugs*

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

*Wonders why you're all polluting a townhall thread with this crap*

3. Definitely ask about IDOC's.. if you can, work the crowd into a frenzied mob so Jeremy will be afraid to duck the question. I've only been to one IDOC out of the 5 I've scoped out, and that's because it happened to be on a Sunday.

17. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Throwing items at faction players is a silly fix. It does nothing at all for factions except make the fighters stronger. Some few may join factions just for the items. They will not be involved with taking towns, defending, etc.

18. Avia TaKier

Avia TaKier Guest

Funny you dont mention that the greater dragons disadvantages to balance out the advantages. Like taking up 5 control slots and being slow as all get out which makes them almost useless in pvp. Why is that I wonder? Im not complaining about them i just understand that there are shortcomings. What I complain about is all the whinning.

19. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Funny you don't mention there are other pets out there like a dog I personally use it over the dragon while pvming so I can a use a uoassit macro to mount it if I get bolad off my etherial... I mean it just plain dumb to use a dragon in a luck suit knowing u will be on foot with low resist if you luck suit is bad.

Also you can change ur skills up. you only need one person running disco... so he should be on a mount. if you are running a greater dragon have ninja on your template so u can move at mount speed.

Again all of these things are just common sense.

20. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Where the hell did I even talk about greater dragons in the first place? Both sides can still use greater dragons, their is no balance issue there, thus not even relevant to the topic of factions. If you are crying about your super dragon being slow or taking 5 control slots... then choose a different pet. Or choose to use a bola. Or choose to have ninja in your template. Or better yet just choose to leave your spawn/loot that someone took over because you are incapable of making the right choice.

21. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Way to be slow looks above your post :lick:

22. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

My post was longer and I had to take the time to do the boldies!!:scholar:

23. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

True... :) Are you at work?

24. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

They don't need to. They can just throw on Holy Shield.

25. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Huh? Where are these alleged people?? Your new shield is obviously giving you lead poisoning Vortex.

:D

-Skylark

26. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, silly me. We all know the whole purpose of life is pvp. :D

27. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Maybe not, but the topic of most of this thread is about pvp balance. So you're going to have to do a lot better than "these items arent fair because I already suck at defending myself and refuse to adapt and learn how to do it better."

28. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Is Bo missin something? Are these item currently available in game to be used? These items are currently available and will be available to non faction players. Bo means unless they are puttin something in that Bo missed. Maybe they will make Bo a weapon that bleeds cast spells (several at a time) and than hits for 60 to 70 points of damage all within 2 seconds.

Bo cant wait for these changes, dont blame it on the items that you died. Blame it on the fact you are too ignorant to learn how to use an apples, pots, and basic defensive tactics to survive. Or just blame it on Bo for being that damn good.

29. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

T thinks Bo and Hugibear need to get together and go bowling...:coco:

30. Avia TaKier

Avia TaKier Guest

I mentioned it because they were talking about the greater dragon problem labled as number 1 way up at the top. I dont see it as a problem. I see it as a choice with advantages and disadvantages like anything else.

31. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, the topic was looking for things for Rico to talk to the Dev's about. I gave my opinion and you gave yours.

32. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, the items have properties that are not available on the regular version of the items. So yes, you missed something. Could you tell Bo for me?

33. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

I said the topic of most of this thread, as in what has been the main point discussed throughout the thread. I would have thought that reading comprehension would be a requirement to be a mod.

34. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

And perhaps vocabulary should be required for you?

There is only one topic. The rest is called discussion.

35. Goron

Goron Guest

Where t'chilla to come and yell at scuzz for changing the topic from the original post?!?!
    Funny how when I did it in another thread you were all over me for not following the OP topic, but here its ok for k0c to change the OP topic and declare a new topic.
    :hug:

36. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A week? Heck, you couldn't even go 6 hours!!!

37. Goron

Goron Guest

aww, poor guy once again has to totally avoid the situation because he knows he fails...

38. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

The topic changed on the fourth post, when the discussion was centered around the new topic.

39. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting. I was under the impression that the OP sets the topic. Certainly you are not suggesting that you derailed the thread? It seemed to all be good discussion related to the topic.

40. Goron

Goron Guest

nooo, when a k0c goes off topic and derails the thread it is called "natural change of topic" but when anyone else does it is is called "going off topic and derailing the thread". Sheesh, get it right mod.

41. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I stand by my last statement...rofl

42. Goron

Goron Guest

bingo. Because then you'd have no reason to flame me, troll me, and call me out for things that everyone else does without incident from you, huh?
    lol...
    I love worship. I didn't know just being TnT would help me get it, but I guess it does from you huh?

43. Scuzzlebutt

Stratics Veteran

Actually, I gave you credit for changing the topic by complaining about your inability to do anything about better players walking all over you.

44. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I think we will have to agree to disagree on what is discussion and what is changing the topic.

Either way, lets drop it and get it back on topic for Rico.

45. Hawkind

Hawkind Guest

I think you should ask him to seriously consider these pvm balance issues. I mean it's totally unfair to me that these pvm guys are using lrc suits and casting spells without regs and then they have luck on and are getting way better loot than I would get in my high resist pvp gear.

Cmon please change the game so I get every advantage and don't have to adapt or change my playstyle.

Please.

Seriously you know you can carry more than one set of armor right? and there are UOA macros to change that armor?

When I do a spawn I do it in pvp gear in case I have to PVP ON PVP SERVER.

I don't have a problem that you don't want to pvp, more power to you, but stop whining about not getting pvp advantages if you don't want to partake.

46. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I do pvp and I am in factions.

Can we get this back on topic for Rico now?

47. KungFuGripJeremiah

i say we just do a fight club bathroom scene on them. ill bring the rubberbands.

48. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

1. Greater dragons DEFINATLY NEED to be streesed how horribly ****ed up its making pvp. Just make the point that a tamer who all kills someone has about a 1/7 chance of instantly killing that person with the amount of spells that can be cast on them.

Plus the attacking hidding thing needs to be fixed, if you attack a player from hidden your pet SHOULD NOT instantly start attacking them, you need to say all kill and be showing. Or make a person attacking from hidden get revealed everytime their dragon does damage like anybody else would if they did damage while hidden.

2. seperate peerless areas, i HATE this not being able to raid someone once they have started and them being able to help stuck out or hell even log out if they want too with all the uber loot.

ps. Kage are you capable of adding any actual insight or are you determined to be that troll who thinks his **** dont stink and he knows everything about UO. You post like you're running for office, you can never say what you think you just dis other people on everything they think. pretty much goes the same for vortex, way to derail this thread.

Dude he didnt ask you to reply with how bad everything ideas are, he asked you to post your own, why start a board fight here? epeen shrinking again?

49. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Its siege, the shard we everyone agrees to disagree...

50. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i never agreed to that.