1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

chivalry: Sacred Journey :(

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Der Rock, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

WHY i lose mana if the location is blocked ?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Same happens to recall spell when location is blocked.

It's been happening for a long time now.

3. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

i know, it´s time to change this.

4. -=KLiM=-

-=KLiM=- Guest

You can speculate: When you fail to cast a spell (fizzle), you don't lose mana coz no spell is actualy casted. When you fail to recall onto a rune, you have already casted the spell, hence your magical powers are drained, it's jsut the rune is blocked and no magic can push through it.

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

chiv needs a nightsight spell :(

how hard would that be to add?

6. pgcd

pgcd Guest

Chiv also needs to make some sense: how come I fail EoO a lot more with 70 skill than I do with 65? And that's with Glorious Lord karma...

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't believe karma for fame affects your success chance of casting for chivalry. Instead I think it affects only its potency.

8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is also another bug - the location is not blocked, but you get not always transported, if you use sacred journey from the button within the runebook.
    If you instead select the same rune as default target, and target the runebook with the spell, this does not happen.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

9. pgcd

pgcd Guest

I think so as well - that was only to prevent people from telling me an increase in skill corresponds to an increase in failures _because of karma_. =)

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

It's... ~10 mana. Who cares? Usually lose more when crossing a server-line anyway.

11. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Could be worse. I hate it when you cast an EV and it takes your mana but no EV.

12. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh I hate that too! I'll target an area that won't let one appear. It makes absolute sense of course that the spell worked and it was just a targeting issue, but it doesn't stop it from being annoying.