1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Chivalry spells not refreshing like they used to...intended?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Arcades, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Arcades

Arcades Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I think with the change to toggling of Enemy of One, Divine Fury and Consecrate Weapon got changed so they cannot be refreshed and must be re-cast every time it wears off...can we get it so each cast can refresh the timer?

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not 100% on the others, they seem to behave like they are refresh-able but that could just my having good timing with them of late.

But Enemy of One is certainly not refreshable because they made it, in effect, toggle-able. Cast it again while still in effect and it goes away. Seen as a positive development by most at the time for reasons I should hope are obvious. Checks for mana but then doesn't suck the mana away when turning the effect off.

-Galen's player

3. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hotkeys for the spell and learn the noise it makes when it runs out. Play enough and your subconsious UOer will hit the hotkey before you know what is going on.

When those little numbers floating up are half as much, it might be time to recast EoO.

Just needs to not take mana if spell is in effect. Know your buff icons.

#3 Warpig Inc, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    Good Grief likes this.
  4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Divine Fury doesn't refresh on recast, but I don't remember ever seeing it do that.
    Consecrate weapon still refreshes when recast. I use it a lot when fighting dragons, and it never fails to refresh.

And as the others said, enemy of one is a toggle. Recast it to end it's effects, cast again to restart it.

5. Specialshoes

Stratics Veteran

#5 Specialshoes, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  6. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah staring at timers is definitely engaging. What it really does is keep your attention on the wrong part of the screen.