1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Choose your side - in effect yet or not?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does what we kill right now influence the shard's - or our personal - alliance?

For example, i've been killing solely shadow wisps where I can (except for a few defensive hits on ethie warriors). Is this what is meant by out alliegence? Will it be bioshock style - kill more than 1 good thing and you're a pillar of evil? Or is it a shard-wide effort that impacts the outcome with no bearing on the player?

Or is this in reference to a faction choice?

It would be nice to know.. I mean, I don't want to be a bad guy but these ethereal warriors are starting to really bug me!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been giving the shadow lords blackrock in hopes that It makes me join the dark side.

I'm assuming that there will be an expanded factions system coming in with the next publish, letting you to side with one side or the others.

3. Emil Ispep

Emil Ispep Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Have you tried giving the same SL a ton of BR? (curious if anything happens..)

4. I hope they remove the minax faction, enhance the shadow lords and merge TB with CoM. At this point in the UO storyline, it just doesn't make sense to have 4 factions anymore.

The whole point of the shadowlord faction was to release the shadowlords to rule brit. Minax's beef with them was that they had to stop that from happening in order to still be in command. Since the SL have been released, it seems minax faction should be effectively conquored.

TB and CoM are fighting because CoM has no confidence in lord Brit. Lord Brit hasn't been around in forever... the whole storyline is dated and irrelevant.

I think the time has come for a replacement of the 4 faction system with a 2 faction system. Order and Chaos. Chaos would be ruled by the shadowlords at this point. Order would be ruled by those who wish to stop the shadowlords... whoever that is.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The whole point of the shadowlord faction was to release the shadowlords to rule brit. Minax's beef with them was that they had to stop that from happening in order to still be in command. Since the SL have been released, it seems minax faction should be effectively conquored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, not necessarily. I would think that those loyal to Lady Minax, would serve her until the bitter end so long as she remains a force to be reckoned with. The Minax Faction never sought to prevent the release of the Shadowlords, so much as they merely chose Minax as the true successor to Mondain.

The Shadowlords are kind of like Al Gore during our current election. He did not announce his intention to run, but several attempted to write his name into the ballots during the early primaries. The Shadowlords had not emerged, but many sought a more capable leader than Minax, and began to worship the Shadowlords.

Who knows? For all we know, while these two factions are fighting over beliefs that they themselves created, the Shadowlords and Lady Minax might be plotting this who thing togeather behind our backs?

<blockquote><hr>

I think the time has come for a replacement of the 4 faction system with a 2 faction system. Order and Chaos. Chaos would be ruled by the shadowlords at this point. Order would be ruled by those who wish to stop the shadowlords... whoever that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaos and Shadow are not necessarily synoymous. The idea of Chaos, as originally outlined by Lord Blackthorne, was a society in which people (and all races) are accepted for their individual merits, and serve only those laws that they felt had earned the right to be a law (some of his ideals hint of democracy). There are many underlying philosophical themes to the Order vs. Chaos lore, which is unique to Ultima Online. Lord Blackthorne only chose to serve Exodus, because he felt that he earned the right to rule, but Nystul and the Royal Britannian Council denied this right, therefore he joined Exodus (along with a number of Chaos Loyalists) to conqure the Kingdom of Britannia by force. Based on the remaining Chaos Guards in Britain, it is also assumed that there is a major schism between the Philosophical Chaos Guard (remaining loyal to Britannia despite their beliefs), and those who wished to force Britannia into anarchy.

You could say that "Chaos" is more like the Horde in Warcraft. The various races and cultures are accepted as equal, and valued despite their shortcomings (as opposed to Lord British's Order, where the Virtue of Valor might encourage you to slay the orks by the dozen to prove it). Lord Blackthorne often wrote of the various demi-human races (Orcs, Ogres, etc), and questions the morality of killing them like animals.

I agree with a faction revamp (perhaps something similar to the Chaos/Order Guards), with an updated lore behind the move. I just think that it needs to remain consistant with the lore.