1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

CHOOSE YOUR SIDES!!!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

The sides:

Ethereals vs Demons

They fight each other. If you want Moonglow to live, fight the demons. If you want Moonglow to die, kill the ethereals.

Unfortunately, on Atlantic, I think we realized this too late. As we mercilessly slaughtered the ethereals, and now the town is overrun by demons.

EDIT: I have since abandoned this theory, however will leave it up in case people still want to debate it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Most of the spawn on Pac is demons now. Only a few fetid essences and fallen warriors.

3. J0KING

J0KING Guest

Dont think the GL ever got any Demons... we just have the Angels and Essenses...

4. stevensnr6

stevensnr6 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The sides:

Ethereals vs Demons

They fight each other. If you want Moonglow to live, fight the demons. If you want Moonglow to die, kill the ethereals.

Unfortunately, on Atlantic, I think we realized this too late. As we mercilessly slaughtered the ethereals, and now the town is overrun by demons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word, except if you have Blackrock...they the Ethereals don't like you at all and would rather kill you than the Demons [​IMG]

5. LordIssac

LordIssac Guest

What demons?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ditto! No demons on Chesapeake -- just fetid essences, dark wisps, the angel-type creatures and the occasional Ethereal Shadowlord.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Whoa, cool. We've been killing a lot of the ethereals on Catskills, but I haven't seen any daemons yet. That's gonna take some thought on what my chars would do. I don't suppose if you carry blackrock the daemons are like non-hostile to you or something are they?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Its nearly all Demons on Napa now, has been for an hour ...

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The sides:

Ethereals vs Demons

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are the ethereals killing players then? Because they carry blackrock? If so, why did they tell us to bring it? If not... If you choose a side, shouldn't your side not try to kill you? How can you choose sides when it feels like a big chaotic melee of every creature for itself?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

No demons on Chesapeake, and I tried walking around without any blackrock. Ethereals still decided to eat my face! [​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Any chance wearing a planeshield will ally you with the fallen warriors? Can the threads be equipped? Will that protect you from the daemons side?

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The shields dont help, maybe the whole set would (shield, sword, both threads) The Beserkers on Napa are killing the Shadow dudes before players even see them .....

13. Guest

Guest Guest

UPDATE:

Wall to wall demons now. Instant death when you step through the gate. I'm done with the event for tonight. Had a lot of fun. [​IMG] Got one each of the new items except for the robe. But if I keep going in there I'm going to lose too much insurance money.

14. <blockquote><hr>

The shields dont help, maybe the whole set would (shield, sword, both threads) The Beserkers on Napa are killing the Shadow dudes before players even see them .....

[/ QUOTE ]
    can't equip or use threads as far as I can tell.

I have 6 threads (3 of each) so far. There are several different art sets for each type of thread, so I suspect we'll have to do something with the threads to build something.

15. alyssya

alyssya Guest

Ive only been here since midnight CST, but I have yet to see a single demon on Cats...

~A

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

No daemons on Lake Austin, either -

Ethereals are killing everyone in sight - all it takes is 3 together and greater dragons drop in a few seconds. Even characters that have never had blackrock are getting creamed.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

The ethereals are a real raw deal. I can't stand toe-to-toe with them for more than a single hit, and they're such fast casters that even a single melee hit usually spells the end for me anyhow. I felt bad, too, because I would wait for a superdragon or cu to be one's target and then start damaging it -- and I got told by the tamers to 'back off' and 'get my own!'

Granted, it's made it very bittersweet now that there are so many ethereals that even the tamers are being given a run for their money! [​IMG]

18. Kat SP

Kat SP Guest

No blackrock on me and the ethereal's, fetids, shadowlords and wisps were attacking me as well.

19. RestlessLA

RestlessLA Guest

the demons are probably part of the progression of the spawn event, after u kill enough of the shadowlords or whatever the demon berserkers will come out (sort of like a champspawn) so that is most likely why they are on some shards and not on others yet... also, as for choosing ur sides as shadowlords vs demons i doubt thats the case, if all the demons are berserkers then thats why they are fighting the shadowlords and other stuff, berserkers attack everything except other berserkers, even in magincia the berserkers were fighting other demons, just in their nature...

as for the items u can get, sword and shield from the ethereal warrior things, thread of life and fate from dark wisps, and cloak of corruption from the shadowlords, top 3 attackers on the shadowlords will get a cloak

20. "I got told by the tamers to 'back off' and 'get my own!'"

Especially in an event such as this, there is no such thing as "your own" monster. Everything is fair game, and has to be.

21. Sabbath

Sabbath Guest

<blockquote><hr>

the demons are probably part of the progression of the spawn event, after u kill enough of the shadowlords or whatever the demon berserkers will come out (sort of like a champspawn) so that is most likely why they are on some shards and not on others yet...

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here's what I know...I participated in the event twice - first on Catskills, then on Pacific. I was on Cats for well over an hour and we had a lot of success in that we were finally just waiting around for new spawn and trying to get the creatures that were stuck inside buildings - but no Demons ever appeared.

On Pac, as soon as the mayhem started I ran north past several buildings to get started in the fight and made my way back to the blackrock detector in about 3 minutes or so and there they were...Demon Beserkers. So it can't be based on the amount of killing as there wasn't enough time (the number of players on Cats was roughly the same as far as my eyes could tell).

Or as Homer Simpson would say: "So to answer your question...I don't know."

22. Sang

Sang Guest

Can someone post PICS of the "threads"? So far all I've gotten is a ton of those plainswords and shields!!

23. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

[​IMG]

Now remember, this is a pic from the stress test, I THINK there are a few different graphics this time around...but basically just look for a long thin-looking thing on the corpse.

24. <blockquote><hr>

[​IMG]

Now remember, this is a pic from the stress test, I THINK there are a few different graphics this time around...but basically just look for a long thin-looking thing on the corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads use those graphics and a few more.

I don't have time to go check, but I'm pretty sure I have at least 3 dif't graphic types so far for threads.

25. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Cool, yeah like I said I didn't kill anything, just rezzed alot of people lol so if ANYONE has the threads and could post a pic that would be awesome.

I am going to try going back but I only have one char I can do this on. I didn't bring a pet last night and I'm kinda glad I didn't it was too laggy.

26. <blockquote><hr>

The sides:

Ethereals vs Demons

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons I think this is wrong:

1. The "Ethereals" had Demon names in some cases;

2. They were attacking players;

3. No karma loss from killing them;

4. On LS, there were no Demons whatsoever.

The spawn clearly varied a little by shard.

They didn't say "choose your side," they said "Be prepared to choose your loyalties."

I think they were referring to leaving when you had the chance, or remaining to fight the Shadowlords when they spawned.

Some clarification by them would be good, actually.

-Galen's player

27. I think for loyalties, it's more "who gave the blackrock to the hooded guys and who've keeping it". No?

28. pallas

pallas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The sides:

Ethereals vs Demons

[/ QUOTE ]

The reasons I think this is wrong:

1. The "Ethereals" had Demon names in some cases;

2. They were attacking players;

3. No karma loss from killing them;

4. On LS, there were no Demons whatsoever.

The spawn clearly varied a little by shard.

They didn't say "choose your side," they said "Be prepared to choose your loyalties."

I think they were referring to leaving when you had the chance, or remaining to fight the Shadowlords when they spawned.

Some clarification by them would be good, actually.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I was lucky but the etherals actually kept ignoring my player, even in close quarters. I wasn't fighting, I was res'ing.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

I could be reading it wrong because I'm still on my first cup of coffee but this quote from Draconi seems to indicate it isn't the Berserkers against the Shadowlords?

<blockquote><hr>

Oh, and the ethereal forms of the shadowlords have now reigned in the berserkers - they'll now fight together, and slowly the forces of darkness in the timerift will grow immune to the attacks of the berserkers until they all work as one.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also said that some had already been given the choice and others would make it, or words to that effect. I still don't exactly understand the loyalties part.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

Why is everyone calling them 'ethereal warriors'? On my shard, they leave 'a fallen warrior corpse' not 'an ethereal warrior corpse' so I do not think they are the same as Lord Oaks buddies... These are Fallen Warriors - fallen angels. Lucifer comes to mind?

31. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

I'm confused too. I've sent in several different characters... some with blackrock and others that never touched the stuff. The "angels" attack everything so there is no picking sides. Characters with high fame/karma and Dread are attacked the same.

I tried healing an angel to let it know I was it's friend but not allowed... so... not sure how I'm supposed to choose sides unless I'm just supposed to run from the angels whenever they show up. They seem aligned with the wisps and fetid essence so kinda hard not to fight that bunch.

On another note, while looting this am I saw a couple bodies with what looked like a glitch in the graphics when I opened their corpse. Now I'm thinking I might have seen a couple of those threads and not even realized it.

Safe Travels, Sam

32. pallas

pallas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Why is everyone calling them 'ethereal warriors'? On my shard, they leave 'a fallen warrior corpse' not 'an ethereal warrior corpse' so I do not think they are the same as Lord Oaks buddies... These are Fallen Warriors - fallen angels. Lucifer comes to mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because its the graphic they went with, nothing more.

33. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone not at the event on Friday, received a thread?

If you have, were you carrying blackrock?

I can't seem to get em.

34. LoL nice try but do you have ANY evidence of this. They all attack everyone. Justbecause they are attacking eachother doesnt mean there is a side for us.

LO

35. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha, it was what someone told me, and at the time it seemed about right. Probably not so much anymore.

36. 3. No karma loss from killing them;

I gained karma from killing them, and I was already high karma, especially after taking my archer to the dojo yesterday after sacrificing and getting back up to lord, after already working up to lord once from them.

37. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

The ethereals are a real raw deal. I can't stand toe-to-toe with them for more than a single hit, and they're such fast casters that even a single melee hit usually spells the end for me anyhow. I felt bad, too, because I would wait for a superdragon or cu to be one's target and then start damaging it -- <font color="red">and I got told by the tamers to 'back off' and 'get my own!'</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

People that tell you to back off and get your own have no business at an event that is for everyone. How selfish and rude! [​IMG]

I for one would not listen to them and they could expect no resses or other kindness from me.

38. Guest

Guest Guest

I think choosing sides doesn't matter (that much) what targets you, I think it may be just for the final outcome of the event. I'm on Chessy and I've tried having blackrock and not having blackrock in my pack and still the Fallen Warriors attack me.
    Maybe it just matters what side there is more of when this part ends. They might send the demons through to moonglow like magincia. Maybe what is happening now is what happened there just the players are involved in this part where as in magincia we didn't get the chance. Of course I didn't get to join in at magincia because I didn't come back to UO until this year so I don't know all the details of what has happened so far.
    I just see no one mentioned an idea like this and wondered what everyone thought. So I started an account in the forum to add my to cents for what it's worth. With the exchange rate now adays it's probably real cheap. [​IMG]

39. Hey, I'm supposed to be the only Connor here..... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

40. Israel Hands

Israel Hands Guest

Had a pretty good time for the first hour of repetition... overall I would say I tired of this event when it was called The Maginica Invasion (kill, loot, kill, loot)

Some of us like to use our minds for events.

*yawn*

41. Guest

Guest Guest

You are. You have an "O" and I have and "E" [​IMG]
    Maybe were distant kinsman.

42. Guest

Guest Guest

I know what you mean. Some of us also are not as skilled to survive long in those areas as well.

43. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

Bah, don't mind Mr Hands. He is just mad I didn't let him use my laptop.

However, I too would prefer figuring out puzzles or something over repetitive killing... unless it is other players. [​IMG]

44. [​IMG]

Just wanted to post confirmation on my theory. There appear to be 3 unique graphics for each type of thread, so 6 unique threads all together. You can see my sample size in the pic.

45. Chango Pelon

Chango Pelon Guest

Booger! Fran better get on farming for me. Says she hasn't gotten any of those yet. GET TO IT FRAN!!!

46. Wolfthistle

Wolfthistle Guest

Hail All,

So, what if choosing our loyalties has nothing to do with what we attack, but rather how we choose to attack? What if the choice is whether or not we use blackrock (known to be hazardous) to cast armageddon (end of the world) just to get a shiny black cloak (which I did)?

Maybe the people who have "made" their choice are the ones who have used blackrock.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

47. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Hail All,

So, what if choosing our loyalties has nothing to do with what we attack, but rather how we choose to attack? What if the choice is whether or not we use blackrock (known to be hazardous) to cast armageddon (end of the world) just to get a shiny black cloak (which I did)?

Maybe the people who have "made" their choice are the ones who have used blackrock.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle

[/ QUOTE ]

That's waht I was thinking! THat stinks, because that makes me evil, right? Blackrock is a sinister thing. I was just a casual user, but the power was overwhelming so I blew myself up!

48. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh I don't know..... hard to say.... Those that gather the most are the worst? Who's to say..... My thought is..... I want to save Moonglow.... and I know Shadowlords are BAD So wouldn't I try everything in my power to destroy them?? Wouldn't I do all I can to destroy the spawn??? Would I not fight to save moonglow? Now... if I gather some goods while I'm at it... does that make me bad???? Hard to say what sides there are..... But since I've actually been on Malag and he's drow.... though he's a Knight.... he still has a rather confused sense of right and wrong..... so he would justify the use of blackrock.. though he loathes magic... I think he would justify using the spell armmagedon to destroy a shadowlord....

49. Wolfthistle

Wolfthistle Guest

Hail Willa,

I can completely understand your need to defend Moonglow. I too have strong feelings for it, as it is the city of my birth. It for this reason that I have justified using Blackrock to defend her.

However, I am concerned that I may be condemned by the powers that be, for the simple reason that sometimes the ends don't justify the means. When last I checked, the Council of Mages had forbidden the use of Blackrock. I believe that in their eyes I may now be branded a criminal, or perhaps a traitor.

If I must be a traitor to save my beloved Moonglow, then so be it.

Sincerely,

Wolfthistle.

50. I was wondering whether or not joining the SL factions made any difference to choosing sides, or whatnot. So i joined. And you know what? So far the only difference is that no one can heal or res me unless they are part of the same faction, lol.