1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Gifts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jove, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Jove

Jove Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is no way I can't sound like a 3 year old when I say this but I'ma say it anyway.... Totally unfair that some people have gotten gifts and even rare items and yet here we are still waiting on our gifts... Totally disappointed atm! So where are these elusive gifts that only a few have gotten?

Lord Frodo likes this.
  2. Thanatos

Thanatos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You really should have read some of the other post about the gifts before you posted this. The Devs had to turn off the gifts due to a problem and will turn them back on once the problem is solved.

However I do see your point about it being totally unfair that some people got them and others didn't. :rolleyes2: How dare us get online before the problem arose or before others got on line. We should all be ashamed and hand our gifts over to you or just trash them altogether.

3. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Actuallly it's a valid point Jove makes. Turn em on, oooops, a problem, turn em off. Then post that they will be turned b ack on after maintenance...oooop, someone forgot to hit the on button. How to handle the problem this morning? maintain a strict silence and offer no apology nor explanation. What may seem petulant to some people doesn't seem so to the ones who are waiting for this to get a house deco'd for contest!

I think instead of turning on each other, we should go back to griping about QA...

Lord Frodo likes this.
  4. Thanatos

Thanatos Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well there were plenty of other post already discussing this so no need to start a new one on the subject.

Yes they said they would turn them back on after maintenance but that doesn't necessarily mean immediately after maintenance. Maybe they are still working to resolve the issue and instead of turning it back on to please people they want to make sure it is fixed first. Also as it is Sunday I can't imagine a lot of people in the office so would you rather have them working on the problem or posting about it on the boards? I for one chose working on the problem.

5. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No need for them to be posting anything, just do it. This whole thing is part of the reason the game is in the shape it is today, no one is EVER held accountable, either by the players or by management, for the constant problems and errors.

Leather Lucy, kulder and Lord Frodo like this.
  6. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How about testing before release? It seems it was an obvious issue a plant appeared in the bag instead of a card. Even the worst tester in the world would have noticed that. I have no problem rolling gifts out to Origin before the other shards to make sure the bugs are out.

7. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

well, that's just it, cause it's not so obvious to me... the only names I saw on the plants were developer's names, no EMs at all, and I was particularly looking for those since we have, on Legends, two EMs (one brandy new one to break in!) who have never been part of the pool of names, so I was looking for them

that only dev names were on the plants and the cards would carry the full list of available names would make sense to me.... that the plants were another bacon ooops? no

8. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Get a grip, really. It's not like you won't get them in the next 24-48 hours; probably much less. This isn't exactly a time sensitive issue. Jeez.

#8 Spiritless, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    Vor likes this.
  9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Bacon? Where? *sniffs* is it blessed bacon?

Lady Bleez and Raider Red like this.
  10. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

noope no bacon,only diseased deer jerky.

11. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

no bacon, wild one, go back to sleep ;)

12. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Blessed or not, bacon won't last long at my house. *makes note to go to grocery store*

13. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mine had Spam in it

14. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

It's weekend - so be patient - the developers and their families deserve the same as you want to be treated during weekend.

old gypsy likes this.
  15. Dixie of Chesapeake

Dixie of Chesapeake Journeyman

12 pm.....no holiday gifts.....sighs......oh no wait i did get a holiday gift.....i upgraded my wow account to mists of pandaria.....wow will never be the game that uo COULD be, but uo is always gonna be run half a$$......i think this was just another ploy to get something rare out there for those chosen few that always seem to get the rares when the em's accidentally screw up......and its not the fact that its late gifts that annoys everyone...its the fact that nothing ever seems to run like a team of professionals have worked on it in this game. i mean seriously, as someone stated above test stuff before you release it.....and if you screw up and release something rare there is a simple fix to that to .....just give everyone the rare gift in the new bag....its not rocket science people.

kulder likes this.
  16. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Oh you mean like how for the 8th Anniversary in WoW we got the same exact letter as last year warning us of the Cataclysm and Deathwing?

17. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

give everyone a rare gift in the bag = no rare gift anymore ;)

18. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Stratics Legend
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter PITMUCK

Da grinch stole usins pressies. wees gots to findz himz

19. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

*points to infested tree* The culprit lives in there, I'm sure...

20. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I wish this one time the truth would come out. What exactly did some people get ? What was so rare and valuable that the whole gift process had to be shut down? Do I have to wait for the next rares fest to find out what this item is?

It was not the points for the plant. Those still work. The team fixed the "omg I sell you metallic curtain for only 510 billion" thing. What will have to be fixed next?

I agree with someone who said put the item in all packs. It never was a true rare. Whatever shut down the whole process was an exploit and that is all it is. It is only rare now because a few made it. Why do those few who knew what to do to create said exploit get rewarded again?

I would have loved to see the neon gift boxes, or angels or even the other two types. That decision was up to the team. As was no EM names on the plants. I am very happy with the cute trees and plants and the tiles and can do without the other stuff easily. I understand that some true rares must be protected.

Say anything you want to me about this, I really do not care. I care this game a great deal and I am tired of exploits that help only a few and hurt many.

I would like to say something positive. Thank you Mesanna for taking your time to come dyes our masks.

21. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I am happy there seem to be no GM or EM names on the Poinsettias. Don't get me wrong I like all the GM's and EM's well enough (well, those I "know" anyway) and really appreciate their time that is devoted to UO... but man I am running outta of places to display the sets :D

22. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

So, some people got plants? What about the people who did not log on until today, will we get what they got? I really could do without a card.

People are trying to trade gifts across shards, I guess some got gifts.

23. Kylie Kinslayer

There are no cards. Looks like they are giving Poinsettias in place of them :)

and.. yes, gifts have been turned back on, just got them about an hour ago

24. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

You have to log in twice on each char to get gift. All my plants say Onifer as the giver. Lame... No special tree either.

25. Kylie Kinslayer

26. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

i have no onifer named plant yet....maybe thats the rare?

27. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Ok, I checked again, I only have 7 to look at. Six Onifrk. And the first one I opened first I didnt look at the name until now but it is a Messana.

I misspelled Onifrk in my last post. I may have misspelled it now. it just doesn't look right..

28. Ron Silverbeard

Stratics Veteran Alumni

You just misspelled the Lady of Death's name too!!!!
    WE ARE ALL DOOMED!!!
    AAAAAAHH!!! RUNNNN!!!