1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cigar and Scotch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Taylor, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I rarely smoke and I'm too poor to afford scotch often, but every couple of months I like to buy a nice cigar and a bottle of scotch. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting outside with a glass of The Glenlivet and a cigar.

*sigh*

Good weekend.

2. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Please show some respect. Glenlivet is Whisky.

3. Taylor

Single malt scotch whisky distilled in Moray, Scotland. Where's the disrespect?

4. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Don't call it Scotch please.

5. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I love a good cigar... Acid's are great, or any cigar made by Drew Estates. I don't drink scotch with it though, I just stick with Miller Lite. If I feel like being a rebel I swith to Corona beer lol

6. Taylor

If you'd like to offer an argument, I will be open-minded. Until then, it is one of my favorite types of scotch. :)

7. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

hen is Scottish. Unless it's full of sheep bits, he doesn't believe it's Scottish too.

8. Taylor

If I don't want a big smoke, I'll grab an Acid Blondie. My favorite atm is Casa Magna.

9. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Blondie's are good. Right now I am on a Malta kick. If I smoke one it is one that at least takes 45 mins to 1 hr because I am so busy it forces me to slow down.

10. Ghost of Gramps

Ghost of Gramps Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I hear ya. Though, the cigar being a blunt *winks* and the scotch being vodka tonic.

11. Taylor

You have a vodka that you recommend? I tried a couple and they reminded me of shoe polish. :D But then, I've tried a couple scotches I didn't like either, so I'm open to suggestions.

12. Ghost of Gramps

Ghost of Gramps Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Suggestions. Hmmm....well, since you ask, "When I drink vodka, I enjoy Stolichnaya." *winks*

You can get it in some liquer stores here. Its Russian. Peeps are either dark liquer or white liquer drinkers. Darks gives me headaches. Lights not so. Stolichnaya even has a smoother taste than most. I usually just savor a shot with beer chaser, then just go out on the back porch, listen to the radio, and all just seems dandy.

*winks*

13. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

If I remember from my time in the pub, Vodka comes in three colour labels - Red, Blue and Black.
    If you buy red, that can encompass anything from "not bad" to antifreeze.
    Blue is better.
    Black is... I was never able to get any from the suppliers.

Can't find any citations for it, though :<

14. blueturtle

blueturtle Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

15. Taylor

23 years old, huh? How much?

At the moment, I am chewing an A. Turrent Triple Play. It is exceptional--though, admittedly, I'm a maduro fan.

16. blueturtle

blueturtle Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This stuff only comes around twice a year, if you work in the liquor or restaurant business its gonna set ya back around 180, if you can find it retail in a store then its gonna set ya back a bit more, around 300-320 bucks.