1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

City Governor Status/City Governor Office Buildings As of September 24, 2013

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I've updated the spreadsheet that has the current names, trade deals, and balances for all the cities on all the shards. You can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj2lpjetLFwwdHZscmxfSHQySkJSZlF6aEN5cGo4VEE&usp=sharing . The information for July 18th and June 17th is also still in that spreadsheet on separate worksheets (see the tabs at the bottom of the screen to switch worksheets).

I also made screen shots of city governor offices that I came across on various shards, however I can't load that many pictures. Since Sakura was the only shard where I could find an office for every city governor, I've posted just the ones for that shard below. Other shards that also had city governor offices in some of the same locations were Baja, Great Lakes, Pacific, and Sonoma.

Here's a screen shot of what they all, more or less, look like on the inside, except for differences in which banner(s) are hanging on the walls. The only one I had difficulty accessing was the one in New Magincia on Sakura. (You have to teleport onto the steps to get in. Trying to walk up the steps just puts you underneath the building.)

SAMPLE INTERIOR VIEW:
    sakura jhelom inside.jpg

SAKURA CITY GOVERNOR OFFICES:

Britain
    sakura britain.jpg

Jhelom
    sakura jhelom.jpg

Magincia
    sakura magincia.jpg

Minoc
    sakura minoc.jpg

Moonglow
    sakura moonglow.jpg

Skara Brae
    sakura skara brae.jpg

Trinsic
    sakura trinsic.jpg

Vesper
    sakura vesper.jpg

Yew
    sakura yew.jpg

#1 Tina Small, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Great Lakes now has all but two offices built. (Trinsic and Vesper still left to be done)

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

We get offices?

startle and Flutter like this.
  4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If your King says you do.

Though there were stipulations on getting it built.

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I had to put the items into deed form in a bag drop the bag in the mailbox of my EM's with the Governors name and city desired. Was a book about it on the Kings Table where we hold the Governors meetings.

startle likes this.
  6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I had the same reaction, i flew all over my fair city, but was unable to find an office.

7. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

We were told on Oceania that to get an office built we had to donate:

5000 boards
    250 sand
    100 granite
    100 ingots

and that the herald would be accepting these items. Once donated to email the EM and they would build it. Well for weeks the herald would NOT accept the above as donations, kept asking for gold, now it 'does' accept items, however I donated 100 ingots, put on 300 boards, went to put on another 1600 on my way to donating the 5000 to have the herald say "I'm sorry my inventory is currently full and I cannot accept that" . When you look in the inventory there is 100 ingots and 300 boards. No idea how you are expected to donate stuff if it doesn't accept the items.

What did other shards have to do to actually get an office built?

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I made the little grid below to show which cities on Baja, Great Lakes, Pacific, Sakura, and Sonoma had (or didn't have) the new governor offices today. As I mentioned above, I didn't spot any new governor offices on other shards, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I checked a few cities on each shard for offices (e.g., Magincia, Jhelom, Skara Brae, Moonglow because the offices are close to the bank) and if I didn't see anything in the few towns I checked, I didn't check for offices in all the possible locations on the rest of that shard.

cities with governor offices.jpg

If a particular city has one of the offices, the office building and its external and internal decorations look exactly like the office building for that city in my first post above showing the governor's offices on Sakura and the building is in the same spot as shown for Sakura. I did not see any variations across these five shards. You may also notice that the exterior style of each city's office generally matches the style of the other buildings around it (e.g., Yew's is made of logs, Minoc's is made of stone, Britain's is brick, etc.).

#8 Tina Small, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    startle likes this.
  9. I was there the other day

Anyone knows if we can lock down stuff and/or have secure chests in the house?

10. The Mule

The Mule Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

What if your shard doesn't have an EM? Oh, never mind, we just get ignored.... I forgot.

I asked the stand in EM at the last event and he said he was not able to place them for us. So looks like a meeting with the "King" is needed or perhaps some sharply addressed emails.

#10 The Mule, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
    Endal and Shakkara like this.
  11. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Of course not, according to Kyronix such power would result in MASSIVE griefing!

#11 Shakkara, Sep 25, 2013
  12. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

Lake Austin did the same items and amounts. We were able to put ours in a mailbox. Now i'll have to go check to see if we have any building going on

13. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

I just checked Chesapeake and we don't have any of these yet (unless they are in different locations).

14. Riyana

Riyana Operations

It seems I spoke too soon! Since my last post two hours ago, every city on Chesapeake has its office now except New Magincia (which I understand did not turn in the materials) and Skara Brae (which I'm not sure about). Trinsic's has a hole in the roof and some roof in the floor and Minoc's has a random carpet tile, but otherwise they look really nice!

Only the governor can sit in the chair just like at the Council meetings. I tried to lock something down but got the "you must be in your house" message. There are three empty bookcases and I was able to put an item in one but I don't know if it will decay. I do know that it is not secure--anyone can take stuff back out.

#14 Riyana, Sep 25, 2013
    Lady Khaleesi likes this.
  15. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

We haven't had our meeting with the King yet on Catskills.

Bianca_CoD likes this.
  16. Shakkara

Shakkara Slightly Crazed

My Trinsic office is up too.

Quite disappointed, I had expected that I'd have a say in the design, now we just get these boring generic buildings that are the same on all shards and we can't even customize or furnish... I thought this was a sandbox game, but the devs are just railroading the whole show once more :(

#16 Shakkara, Sep 25, 2013
  17. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

You have GOT to be kidding me. Honestly, why do you complain SO MUCH.

Each building seems to fit the decor of each city, and they look great. Jesus!

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Can I just pay gold? This boards, sand, ingots thing... I might get dirty. maybe I will hire some on to gather these... things.

19. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I'll do it for 1 mill ..... ;)

kelmo likes this.
  20. startle

And no, I don't do windows...

21. startle

Almost forgot, very impressive piece of investigative journalism Tina... Thanks for sharing it with us.

22. MalagAste

Kelmo you can give me the gold I'll mine the Sand get boards and Ingots for you.

kelmo likes this.
  23. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

Where is it said that this is what is required? On our shard we don't have anything that tells us any information about how this is done!!!! I am hella mad right now!

~ Sue.

Flutter likes this.
  24. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

It is pretty new. I would think it'll be announced at your next meeting. You of course, can always request it yourself if its not.

25. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So they added these offices for the governor stuff. I was just wondering do they do anything or more for role play?

26. Endal

Endal Journeyman

I'm trying to get my shard to convert the abandoned buildings (Counselor's Halls usually) into the Governor's Offices and seeing if we can move all of the city business there (City Stone, Captain of the Guard, etc..) The meeting is tomorrow I think, so I'll let you guys know how it goes ;)

27. Sean

Sean Slightly Crazed

Governor Sherry Shar sits in her new office in Jhelom, Chesapeake

Office looks great.

Attached Files:

28. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

Me too! I am doing the exact same. Why add buildings when we have perfectly good buildings already in place that can just be refluffed? I mean that only makes perfect sense.

~ Sue.

#28 Bianca_CoD, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  29. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

Most of my constituents for my city have been telling me they want a DOCK in our town of Minoc.... I have three proposals out: http://stratics.com/community/threads/minoceans-proposed-ideas-for-improvements-to-minoc.305248/

I emailed our EM's but no word at all... like AT ALL... about any of that. I did get word about permission to hold a Governor's Inaugural Ball for our shard, which I am working with my GM, Pandy, to do. But that's all the communication I've gotten thus far.

I really came into this with passion and determination, I kept it completely "in character" from my election to my gathering of votes, I didn't solicit cross-shards, I didn't bribe a single person. Totally legit and honest, because that's how my character is. She's the niece of a well respected Captain in the RBG, who's raised her since infancy along with her highly-decorated grandfather who was a Naval Captain for the RBG out of Serpent's Hold. Soooo it was only natural for her. I built her story, I built her character. I am going out and getting feedback from citizens, at times pulling teeth to do so, and got help from my guildies to put on events and conceptualize ideas. Giving this program my VERY ALL!!!!

But, I am rather loosing spirit. =/ The lack of communication on our shard with the EM's is really taking the wind out of my sails. I see other shards who's EM's are completely engulfed in the work. Now I can understand maybe they are busy, maybe they see little participation in their events, maybe they are burnt out... but you should probably step down and let someone else take that torch at that point no? Anyways. I do love my EM's, I try to be as supportive as possible on their events. I attended EM Barnaby's event as a "spectator" for the Throwing League. I support them when I can. It would be nice to see more involvement from them in this program. If that means they need another EM to join them and be dedicated to the Government System, then they should do that.

~ Sue.

Dot_Warner, startle and Shakkara like this.
  30. MedeaDF

MedeaDF Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hmm, I'm a little confused... we have dozens of unused "old" Councelor Halls in all these towns, so why not just use them as an office? They all exist on all shards, just a little deco and no interfering with shard history... because that would be my next question: Can you please take a look at some shards, there may be some shard specific locations at those places you put those offices! Can you please restore those so shard history is not killed by that? Thanks a lot!

drachenfels_minoc-govoffice.jpg
    (this is on Drachenfels, the Moonglow Office destroys our beer garden, which existed originally since 2002 and was rebuilt somehow 2011 by EM Borbarad...)

Bianca_CoD likes this.
  31. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

OMG THAT'S HORRIBLE! Who would encroach on someone else's blessed additions to a city? *fumes*

I'd kill someone if that was me!

:heart: Pandy

Bianca_CoD likes this.
  32. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

I agree that this is the BEST WAY to do it. I don't like the idea of new buildings added, especially like in Drach where they removed part of something that's been gifted to them! DEVS/MESANNA: please reconsider this!

33. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

Of course, you point out the situation on Drach, while that same thing could happen in Counselor Halls in cities across servers.

A new building, is the safest means to avoid stuff like that. I mean, even in that picture of Drachenfels, it only looks like a small corner is being used for the building. That was what, one bench?

AppleJax likes this.
  34. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

That was art that was done specifically for that shard. It shouldn't have been messed with in my opinion. I like the option to do something with existing houses rather than add new ones too; adding a new building should be a last resort thing. I mean there were a thousand other places that house on Drach could have been placed on why choose to overwrite a blessed gift?

~ Sue.

startle likes this.
  35. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I mentioned it to Mesanna yesterday evening, I looked at the Governors house again this morning. She cleaned up the benches inside the house and moved the grapevines next to the building.

Although the location could have been better for us, the Governor of Moonglow has a unique environment to talk to his/her citizens. :)

#35 Frarc, Sep 26, 2013
    AppleJax likes this.
  36. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

Well, however is the next governor hopefully moves it because the original garden was perfect: http://uob.zarum.de/forum/attachmen...4ad92d08c2408e&attachmentid=1374&d=1019153439

~ Sue.

#36 Bianca_CoD, Sep 26, 2013
  37. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Governors have NO say in where these buildings are placed or what they look like. That's 100% Mesanna's decision.

38. I was there the other day

39. startle

And you can never please everyone... Knowing Bonnie, I'm sure she had no idea that area was that special to some people - or she would not have chosen it. I am sure she'll fix it to everyone's satisfaction.

Pandora_CoD likes this.
  40. Speranza

Speranza Slightly Crazed

Why Chaos banners though? For King Blackthorn? I figured we would get the appropriate virtue banner of our town? Except Vesper.... It's a hive of scum and villainy.

Lady Khaleesi and Sauteed Onion like this.
  41. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master

Villainy. Piracy. Larceny. All the bad -y's. Did you all know that the Vesper governor on Chessy runs a criminal cartel? I'm surprised Mesanna didn't build her a hideout instead of an office.

42. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Love that idea! :)

Lady Khaleesi likes this.
  43. MalagAste

The Mayor of Vesper on GL's is a known Pirate and runs the Casino out on Fire so we know what sort she is.

Lady Khaleesi and Pandora_CoD like this.
  44. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

If governors have no say in their towns, wtf are we even bothering with this program AT ALL? We got duped then!

Kirthag and Bianca_CoD like this.
  45. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable

Love the creativity of our role players and community!!!! Rock on!!!

46. MalagAste

Kinda something we were wondering ourselves. We're told we can make a suggestion but not for anything deco... Can't do deco can't have..... can't have.... so what is it we are supposed to be asking for?????

I haven't figured it out yet and Yew still is lacking a Dock, a bridge to our far farm and a Tavern.

Bianca_CoD likes this.
  47. Riyana

Riyana Operations

I most certainly do not! In fact, during my first term we captured a criminal and are currently holding her in the Vesper guardhouse, as you know full well, Lady Ashlynn! My auction is fully above board as well!

Now Cove on the other hand does seem to be producing an inordinate amount of miscreants. My friend Riyana, whose account here I confiscated among some of her stolen goods, for one example. (She's spent her fair share of time cooling her heels in the guardhouse as well.) A certain gossip journalist for another! I also have concerns about that pirate captain who claims to have created the lich in Cove. I have offered the king the use of some Vesper guards to keep the peace in Cove for this reason.

Despite all my work to bring respectability and justice to Vesper I seem unable to change certain minds about my beloved city. With the press so firmly against me, I wouldn't be surprised if an actual disreputable sort took power at some point rather than someone dedicated to improving the city. Your insistence that a criminal cartel is running Vesper makes me wonder who exactly is running it, because I know I'm not!

Hideout indeed!

Lady Khaleesi and Bianca_CoD like this.
  48. Riyana

Riyana Operations

A hive of scum of villainy run by your mother, dear, and with which your city of Minoc has an ongoing mutual defense pact! Hmmph.

Lady Khaleesi and Bianca_CoD like this.
  49. Bianca_CoD

Bianca_CoD Sage
    Stratics Veteran CoD

I thought the whole idea of this governorship program was to add a bit of uniqueness to our cities and attract folks to the cities by running events, raising funds, etc. alongside our EM's. That was my impression when I watched the video for the 15th year anniversary that talked about this system.

If that's not happening, I'll finish out my term and never run again. I'll concentrate efforts on the role playing theme that I am building called "Trade and Commerce Commission". I am Regional President for Minoc's Trade and Commerce Commission chapter. I don't get any EM help for that (and don't need it), so I wouldn't be in any different spot that I am now as Governor if the above is not true. The allure of the government system was to be able to affect physical enhancements to the city I hold dear that would generate interest for players to visit my city and attend my events.

~ Sue.

50. Promathia

Premium Stratics Veteran

The Governor system is to enrich RP and bring players closer to the EM's.

Its not to request decorations.

Tze'Naga, Lady Khaleesi, Sean and 2 others like this.