1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

City Trade deals...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sir Morder, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

how do i know which city has which trade deal in affect? Do i have to jump around from city to city to see if there's a trade deal i want to use? Does anyone have the warrior trade deal up for the +5 HCI?

2. seigebest

seigebest Visitor

To my knowledge the trade deals are at every town and are always going and as for the special you get for being a citizen i believe they are fixed to a certain city (i think Jhelom is the city you are looking for)

#2 seigebest, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  3. Reuggan

Reuggan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Most of the Governors put up the trade deal they are running on the bulletin board by the town stone. For the others, I guess you would just have to check the stone.

4. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

The trade deal buff is whichever the Governor chooses, based on townspeople's requests, or personal whim

5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would much rather you can be citizen of whichever town you'd like to support and choose which buff you want per gump..for no charge unless it's not the set buff of your governor then it's a 25k gold charge..unless of course every single citizen in your town wants the FC buff..but I'm pretty sure people are choosing loyalty based on towns buff..which is stupid IMO. Kind of defeats the purpose of "loyalty"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

New Magincia has the Trade Deal running with the Assassins guild....since day 1....so 5SSI for New Mag citizen if they want it!

Troop_Gil likes this.
  7. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I ran through all the city's that have trade deals. I'm finding it rather strange that there are multiple city's running the same trade deal. There is not a single city running the warrior trade deal for the HCI bonus. Moonglow does not have any trade deal as of yet. What is the cost of the trade deal? How often can it be changed? Perhaps i will petition Kattastrophe to run the warrior trade deal...

8. Reuggan

Reuggan Journeyman

They cost 2 million/week and can be changed every week (or kept the same).

9. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

2 mil!!!!! Whoa! The governors have to pay 2 mil each week???? I hope there's some kind of graft or organized crime benefit for them to make money on the side, because who would sign up to be governor if all you get is complaints and a bill for 104 mil each year? Yikes!

10. Reuggan

Reuggan Journeyman

There have been shard-wide auctions in the past that boosted up the coffers. Also, doing trade deals for a town contributes to the town fund. But yeah, Governors have had to contribute quite a bit of their own time and money to keep them going. (Especially on lower populated shards)

11. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

And we don't even get to take the leftovers with us when our terms out. :(

12. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

So having, let's say, 3 of the same trade deals is a rational way to spend gold. Just sayin. Looking for a rational explanation why there needs to be this way. Perhaps I missed something...

Troop_Gil likes this.
  13. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

there are only 3 trade deals worth a ****. max hci is very easy to obtain you can get it on your jewels, weapon, shield, armor, talismans.
    Do you think 5 hci is worth 2 mill for a week cause the Bo sure as hell doesnt.

14. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

The trade deals are a buff to alot of different skills and or abilities, not just 3. FC, SDI, SSI can all be easily obtained by the same items as mentioned above. Actually, its probably easier to obtain max in FC, SDI, SSI, than it is HCI in my opinion. FC2 can be obtained with just one item. Max SDI (for PvP) can be obtained with just one (blessed no less) item. SSI is really only needed for archers to swing the heavier damage bows/xbows but is easily reforged to nearly max. Whereas HCI, for the most part, requires usually 2-3 items to max 45 HCI. Am i wrong? Please discuss...

15. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You are pretty much completely wrong. As stated hci can be obtained by almost everything you can wear cept clothing. FC can only be found on jewels, weapons and shields. Weapons are out for mages cause you will need spell channel, unless you have a sc +1 weapon, no good mage will run a two handed weapon. As for you fc2 sure an orni but not everyone has one or access to one, and ontop of that its crap for a pvp mage. Hope you dont really mean that dinjin ring, cuase thats got no fcr. The only way max sdi can be obtained is with one piece is by equiping a scrappers or one of those blessed spell books, thats the only piece again not everyone has one. Those spellbooks shouldnt be blessed. SSI can only be found on weapons and shields making it harder to get to max. And every good warrior could use a little more ssi.
    So your complete argument runs on the premiss that people can get blessed spell books or ornis. Both of those items are worth millions here. Why not try to put together 10 suits for a mage, only 1 blessed items and nothing is to be used twice cept the blessed item. Here is what you need 25sdi, 40+lmc, 100lrc, 45+dci, dont forget mr, mana and str increases, 2/6 casting, now if you run wrestling you need hci. Now dont put anything in that suit you arent willing to lose.
    Basically more goes into making a mage suit than a dex suit. Dex suit consist of stat increases, ssi, hci dci, di lmc.

16. Reuggan

Reuggan Journeyman

In a perfect world, I would like to see a different trade deal in each town, so people would have a choice. But when a Governor and a few citizens are paying the cost to have a trade deal, they are going to pick the one that they personally want to use.

17. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

I agree. But why should 3 cities have the same trade deal? To me, this makes no sense. And is a waste of gold.

18. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Bo, after all these years I would of thought you might know a little more about gear *sighs* You can lead a horse to water...

Troop_Gil likes this.
  19. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

20. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

says the guy that thinks 5hci is worth 2 mill a week. Instead of being a ****** why not shed some light on the subject mr wonderful.

21. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Let's just start with something hopefully hugi can understand. Maybe some simple math? A few days ago, I checked and seen 3 trade deals for FC. 3x2=6 but in this case it's 6 million. I seen zero trade deals for HCI. So by some distorted sense of reality, hugi feels 6 million is a smarter way to spend gold than the 2 million HCI would cost? And I'm still waiting for any or all of the governors to clear up why 3 of the same trade deals are needed? New Mag has had the SSI trade deal for a long time now. If someone wants SSI, join New Mag. Why then would someone want to be gov or say Skara and run SSI? Perhaps the other poster is correct, maybe it should be, the trade deals assigned to certain cities. Then the citizens choose the city they would want. If you want to change, then change citizenship.

Troop_Gil likes this.
  22. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Bo is still waitin for you teach Bo about gear. So when does math have anything to do about politics?
    Maybe the governors only care bout the citizens in there town, and not other towns. What town are you a citizen in?
    Governors are going to give there citizens what they want the most, and not be influenced by another town. If you want the hci bonus find or become friends with a governor, of the city your a citizen, and petition them to change it.
    This was already cleared up for you by other people in this thread. Why dont you go back reread it slower, maybe something will sink in.

23. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

ok. As if you need my help makin yourself look silly, but if you insist :)
    Let's look at knuckleheads, a site perfect for ya hugi:
    To achieve FC 2 a total of 50 ingredients are needed.
    To achieve HCI 45 a total of 75 ingredients are needed if you go with a melee wep. 54 ingredients if you use ranged wep.
    Anytime you need my help with crafting whittle hugi, let me know.

24. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

who crafts jewels? maybe thats your issue, wake up shame style loot is 100x better than anything you craft.
    Btw you just missed your chance to get 5hci you should have went to the gov meeting.

25. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I have thoroughly explained it, not everyone wants to be a citizen of the same town, but most of them want the FC deal. if you cannot understand that, I do not know of any other way to explain it.

Spiffykeen likes this.
  26. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting lets use the tools you told Bo to use to make Bo's point.
    fc1 costs 5 relics 10 ruby & 10 essence of achievement for a total weight of 140
    5hci costs 1 relic frag & 3amber total weight 43
    Thanks for proving Bo's point as to which one is more costly.

27. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

TY Vic. The Town loyalty system was meant for us to choose a town we felt a kinship to. Maybe the town you started in the first time you logged into UO. Or the place your first guild was based. Or just the town where you enjoy the scenery the most. That's not for everyone, I know. Some of us are sentimental and stupid. I spent my formative years in Moonglow, and I placed my siege house ON Moonglow, and by god I'm gonna be a citizen of Moonglow. Frankly, if I can't use the trade deal, I'm not gonna jump ship, but if I'm the only one asking for a trade deal, I'm not going to choose something wacky just so the rest of the shard has variety, I'm gonna choose something I can use. Then I just have to find Kattasrophe and make her remember to renew the deal every week.

And just out of curiosity, have you checked to see what other shards are choosing? If I were a bettin' man, which I'm neither a gambler or a man, I'd wager they're all using the same big 3

Kattasrophe likes this.
  28. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

I'm sorry Talia!! I promise... I'm gonna be on my A game..

29. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

30. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

thats the point fc is a max prop, and 5 hci can be obtained on any piece of equipment you wear, this devalues 5hci. How can you not understand this.