1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Clarification... Faction rank?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Kotan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It appears to be a percentile, not a number. If you get 50 points you would be, let's say rank 5. But if you stay at 50 points, and people pass you - you could drop to rank 3.

Is this true? Seems like you can't just farm points once and stop just to keep your item. You'd have to keep PvPing. Also... Rank 10 appears very hard to achieve.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The guides are a little fuzzy about what that number is a percentage of (% of the top score? Even the factions forum FAQ has some confused posts).

Perhaps someone with experience in factions could clarify this point.

3. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I also wondered how the rank system worked. Any info would be greatly appreciated. As you can guess, I have no faction char at the moment.

4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

5. WWGRD?

WWGRD? Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The guide is old and outdated. You want to be the highest rank in Factions? When you join a faction you assigned a rank, it goes by faction size. You don't ever have to kill anyone and be randomly assigned rank 1-9. To achieve rank 10, you need 1 kill. That's it. As long as you are positive, you will be highest rank. Be a faction crafter, all of my faction crafters back in the day were ALWAYS rank 8. Faction ranking does not work and to base new items off them????

Real factioners don't want shinies. We want the bugs fixed. The new items is just a pitiful way to get subscriptions up. People will use a dummy account to keep themselves at 1 kp, so they can be rank 10 and use the new items without ever pvping.

Oh and don't forget to go farm your faction silver now before it's released, so the minute the publish goes public you can have everything and not have to go back to fel but once a week to kill your dummy account for the 1 kp.

6. Clarifier

Clarifier Guest

I've often wondered this myself. I have 2 characters in the SL faction, both rank 10 and neither one has ever killed anyone. I just assume it's broken like most of the other faction systems :(

7. Rix/\

Rix/\ Guest

I'm sure they have it all worked out. I don't think they would add something to a broken system thats just not the UO way.