1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Clarification - ladders inside houses

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Samaira, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Is it possible to put up a ladder inside a room in an already constructed customizable house? Or would I need to drop all my floors above (which isn't really an option, too much stuff that would end up in the moving crate)?

2. you trying to poke a hole thru the floor above? I know ladders been used on a lot of homes, most placed near apples trees. Not sure if you can do the poke thru the floor thing.

3. mutau

mutau Guest

i've seen houses that have 2 story library shelves that uses the ladders to scale the shelves. as for using the ladders between floors with floors, i would say, try to place the ladder with a large hole in the ceiling and then fill up the large hole with the floor tiles after you've gotten it in the right spot.

4. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, thanks, I'll try that :)

5. mutau

mutau Guest

I'm trying to remember if the ladder is one of the deco that has to be redeeded before you can go into house design mode, just like the wash basin.

I hope it works, tho. I'm starting to think it might be time to redo my house, again.

6. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the ladder does need an opening in the floor above, just moved mine to an area where the ceiling was solid and it does not allow placement

this particular ladder is in a barn, and the opening is two tiles ... if I'm remembering correctly, that was the minimum.... the ladder faces west and the tile directly over where the ladder ends and one tile to the east was needed