1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Aquarium Tutorial

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by mutau, Feb 9, 2010.

1. mutau

mutau Guest

Does anyone have a link to a tutorial for making classic Aquariums?
    Or can point me in the right direction.

I've searched Stratics and haven't found it. Thanks.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

3. mutau

mutau Guest

Fabulous TY!

4. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Keep in mind, that the classic cloth aquariums were around before goza mats...you can use gozas to top your cloth aquarium without "seams" for example. Don't be afraid to experiment combining the old with the new! :)

[​IMG]

-Skylark

5. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

6. LionUWF

LionUWF Guest

also guys and gals using different items and goza mats ive managed to make an aquarium on legs :p.

7. Voluptuous

Voluptuous Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't forget the floor or table tile "rubble" if you'd like a nice seam-free wooden tank lid. I use my table middles for the mantles of fireplaces. Awfully useful in decoing keeps and classic homes.

8. Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It took me forever to figure out how to make a old style aquarium just by looking at pics. Only when I finally seen one in game did I figure out a nice trick to make it look 3d. If you look at the left side of mine you'll see a rock, thats to help that side of the tank blend together because the water part is on one set of floor tiles and the sand is on the set in front of it. Hope this helps even thought I cant put into words how to do it.

9. Faerunner

Faerunner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Cerwin, that definitely helps. It's a great optical illusion that really makes the tank POP out from the wall! Good thinking!

10. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

For the bottom part of the fish tank, don't use cut cloth, get the folded cloth from the tailor.
    Look at the link I posted above for the 2 folded clothes you need.