1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Client is bugging out ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrMightySmith, Nov 8, 2011.

1. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just after a fresh install and i still cannot see the contents of my backpack and when i approach certain areas every freaks out and usually crashes. I have searched for solutions and cannot find any... I usually play Ehanced but sometimes i like switching between the two clients for various reasons. There is a picture of what i am talking about.... Usually happens around houses for some odd reason.

Attached Files:

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Maybe an update of the graphic's drivers?

3. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

or maybe a new graphics card...

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

looks a lot like a card issue I had a while back on old comp

5. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its a new laptop so ill try updating the drivers for the card...

6. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

This is not a graphics card issue. You have a corrupt file from the last patch. Same thing happened to me on one pc but not my other.

7. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Tried install latest directx drivers?

8. Trinny

Trinny Guest

This looks like a similar problem to what I've had recently, it started on the 4th November, can't remember if there was a patch then. If I too have a corrupt file from the patch, how can I sort this out?

9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Look in your UO folder for a file named "patch". It will not have a file extension so Windows will not know how to open it. Open it with notepad. It is a plain text file. Start at the bottom of the file and scan upwards for any failures. It will tell you which file was bad. If you have it installed on a second system or have a trusted friend that can send you the file, replace it.