1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Classic shard debate. Update me.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Clx-, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Clx-

Clx- Guest

Firstly, well done to those of you that have continued to fight for a classic shard over the years. I gave up posting here to that end and quit the game early 2008 and haven't been back to stratics or anything related to UO until today. I certainly won't be reactivating any accounts in 'current' UO.

Secondly, what's the state of play regarding any developments? From the threads I've just read on the front page I see that nothing has been set in stone as of yet. Do we have any information at all? What's this shard of the dead thing I see on stratics front page?

Clx - Still desperate to relive 'old' UO.
    Pacific 98-99
    Siege 99-01
    Europa 01-04
    Drachenfels 04-08

2. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

No news at all about the classic shard and its unlikely it will see the light any time soon.

The shard of the dead was a free for all PvP shard with no insurance which was ruined by insta kill weapons.

3. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The last official word from the producer was this:

Source: Producer's Update - 8/13/10 | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Almost everything after that has been a mire of speculations, guesses, and circular debates with very little else said by the devs or producer.

4. Clx-

Clx- Guest

Thanks, Vlaude. So it's the same empty promises. I got slightly excited for a while thinking they might actually do something this time.

5. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

"Before the end of the year" doesnt necessarily mean before the end of this year. It could mean before the end of the year 2011. Ho Ho Ho.