1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Classical Audio for Enhanced Client (Beta 1)

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Shyrion, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Shyrion

Shyrion Visitor

Hello to all. I'm new in this forum. I'm in need of help to complete this resource, for it's almost complete:

Yesterday I found in a french UO dev forum a way to change the music in the EC Client. And it works. I have created an Audio.uop with the original Midi music remastered. Not all works, but they're 85, I'll explain why:

First, we need to extract Audio.uop with Mythic Package Editor BUT, dictionary only recognizes 85 hashes, so it can't extract all of the tunes. BUT it extracts the indexes AND the paths. With this at hand, we can create our own Audio.uop file.

I've created a test file wich has the 85 music files modified and the vast majority of sound effects. Sadly, without the dictionary, this is the far I can go.

I've tested it and I have the first sound that's not there: Teleport. The file needs testing so that I can fill the holes.

Another problem I have is that my client, for unknown reasons, doesn't play Stygian Abyss music, so I can't test the file included in te Audio.uop

Here is the file. Don't forget to make a backup first:

https://mega.nz/#!0BFxmKoY!db7z7Xtq72wUdpjvXyggr1_ZpOyf5i9HrUKk3HbSHhg

sibble likes this.
  2. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

omg thank you i've been waiting for something like this forever.

hope you can finish it! :)

3. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

I just wish I could get the same midi synthesizer my computer was using back in the late 90s.

4. Shyrion

Shyrion Visitor

My problem are the hashes. We'll see, for this is a programmers work and I'm a sysadmin. If you want to listen to the midi files remastered, here are the ones I used for this .uop file:

MEGA