1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Clean-up start date ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by olduofan, Sep 19, 2011.

1. olduofan

olduofan Guest

when is this going live ?

2. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 26 2012 LOL After the end of the world in Sept 2012. UO computers are already set to do this and they will be put in space Aug 2012.

3. Korik Bloodguard

Korik Bloodguard Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

When it's ready.

4. xxmoondancerxx

xxmoondancerxx Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think its long enough! They should have put a message up today!:(

5. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dear Boss People,

Will you please let us know if clean up will start this week?

BlissMarie

6. twoburntfouryou

twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Its long over due. They really are not very good at keeping anyone informed about much:( Oh yes did they not say early last week that we would hear from them about the housing (idocs) by the end of the week? That was last week or the week before?:popcorn:

7. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

8. Deisree888

Deisree888 Guest

I totally agree. I am getting very bored with the game esp. since the the IDOC's stopped. I closed my house placing account. And now the the housing market has totaly dried up. Has anyone seen a house for sale lately? Come on Clean up!!! At least that will keep us busy for a week or two.

9. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

It was on test how long? Long enough to find some bugs then they send it to Origin and a few days later the one or two players that play Origin notice a lockdown bug which is not good and needs to be fixed. I have been on test off and on since this came out I did not have a lockdown problem. But what do I know. Its been 3 days since that was posted and still no word about anything including the idoc issue:confused:

10. How soon is now?!

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

True, but it was posted on Friday at 2:15, I know at that time all I wanna do is head for the house lol. I cut them slack on the weekend deal. Best guess here is this week HOPEFULLY.

12. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't care. So a few people had it and a lot didn't have it. Sounds like a normal bug to me since that's usually how it goes. Personally I wouldn't anyone to be having any lockdown problems so I say let them take their time and make sure it's fixed.

13. Disenchanted

Disenchanted Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

This post focuses on the clean up event but is pretty much generic to the past series of events and publishes.

I've been really disappointed in this process from start to finish. The communication and feedback is generally ignored and with a few small exceptions, it's a rehash of the 2008 event. I would think in three years there would be a fresh and exciting plate to choose from.

I know you can never please everyone, but there is definitely more negativity from this event (at least in my impression) than there is positive. The model of any successful game should be to get the player to want to play and want to come back, whatever the event and who it caters to.

If you're going to make a promise of a 'spring' cleaning, then deliver it in spring. Sure, things happen, which is why it was then called 'summer' and then just clean up brit, but it would have been nice to have it worth the wait, which for me, has not been.

Deciding if its worth to continue in my 10th year. At this point it really has just been about the people and seeing friends dwindle doesn't give me much hope.

-V

14. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

please turn on the clean up campaign......campaign!!

15. THP

THP Stratics Legend

zzzzzzz[clean up]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    wake me up when it starts and i will play UO agiain.....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

16. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

Having missed the 2008 clean-up I'm very happy to be part of this one. I am also happy that the 2008 choices have been included. I have been collecting the Virtue tiles when I can by purchasing them from vendors but have not been able to finish the collection; now I will be able to do so.

So I, for one, thank the development team for bringing back the old choices and adding new ones as well.

Bella

17. slayer888

slayer888 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I just found out about the Clean-up content.

However, why would the Clean-up include the RESOURCES

WHAT THE HECK?

I thought clean up is to clean up garbage (like extra armor, weapons, sandals, colored items, etc...) and not something where someone IS farming 24 hours a day automatically... WOW pathetic, so meaning you are encouraging people to farm 24 hours a day automatically now...

So meaning, I dont open my computer 24 hours a day will not be hoarding millions of points?

Kind of crazy and unfair clean up system in my opinion.

18. MatlocK

MatlocK Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Re: zzzzzzz[clean up]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree, tierd of waiting

19. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So at 10 ingots/10 leather per point you really think that someone is going to farm 10M of these. NOT You could farm gold faster but is it worth it at 100 to 1. You really think someone is going to turn in 100M gold for 1M points. You really need to look at the amount they require just for 1 point.
    Copper 1-1
    Horned 1-1
    Heartwood 1-1
    Go here and see for yourself. Clean Up Britannia (2011) - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
    Nobody in thier right mind is going to try and farm this for millions of points.

20. Amber Witch

Amber Witch Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Gilfane

I can see it now... they push up the date to appease the bored and complainers. there is a bug...
    round and round we go, where we stop nobody knows....:gee:

21. twoburntfouryou

Stratics Veteran

I really think at this point people just want a update on what is going on with this publish. I know I do! :rant2:

22. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hopefully soon..... I am down to 200 lockdowns in my house because of all the stuff I have been holding to turn in.

23. yars

yars Lore Keeper

im down to 3 :p

24. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

its gonna take me a week or 2 to turn everything in on my home shard, origin alone just the holiday items in peoples banks between all my accounts got me 2.3 million points

25. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

It is already active on Origin so very soon for you folks on other shards.

26. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am looking forward to it as well, however I want it to work properly when it goes live. So I will wait as patiently as I can while the trash continues to pile on my floor.

27. olduofan

olduofan Guest

talk about cutting it close they said summer and will end up having 1 day to spare ha...

so I guess its not fall cleaning after all.

28. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Iam not even gonna trash over 3-4 millo points....full sets of every holiday gift ever...globes 19 x 3 , bells 22 , candles 82 ,statues 36, reindeers 82, sleighs 82, snowmen 53?...probably forgot somethng too...LOL

Full named sets....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!