1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cleanup pondering...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dermott of LS, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if any devs will come forward, say Friday or so, with information on how much stuff has been thrown away and the effects on the servers.

I say by Friday because I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all of the substantial cleaning will be done by then and the majority of items thrown away after Friday will be items being farmed for that purpose.

2. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I hope they do this at the end, at least. I'll immediately put it all on UOGuide for posterity.

3. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Another bit of pondering (Mind you this is EC-based pondering):

The Lily and Lily Pads rewards in the EC use Kingdom Reborn graphics as follows:

Using the EC, when you look through the rewards list, the two items will be shown with KR graphics.

When you select the items and they appear in your backpack, they will then be in 2d/Legacy graphic form

When you turn the rewards list page to the page the lily pads are on with the pads present in your backpack, they will then be in 2d graphic form (this is the same "bug" that also affects War Axes).

When you close the reward gump and then Recall/Journey away, the lily pads will still be in 2d graphic form.

When you pick the pads up and place them on the ground, they will then be in KR graphics form.

4. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

I hope they do this at the end, at least. I'll immediately put it all on UOGuide for posterity.

It's always fun to see the results (such as the gold sunk via Magincia auctions) of these types of events. I remember the very first Clean Up Britannia Event before housing changes where it was stated that the backup times went from a couple of hours down to less than 30 minutes or something thereabouts (mind you this is all from memory, so consider it approximate).

5. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

6. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

"Sounds like a good ideal. Friday evening we will do a revert back to Tuesday evening. We forgot to hit the tally button after the GO button. Sorry for any problems this may bring up. Consider those three days a practice run." :)

7. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

invasions are much more fun than knowing how much virtual gold was sunk into a lotto for kids (pg-13)

well I guess to each his own huh ? :gee:

whats up with all those threads anyways...