1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cleanup question...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by startle, Oct 4, 2011.

1. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Character that owned house threw several items in trash (that were worth quite a few points). Went to Haven "Cleanup Officer" (after waiting for the trash to empty) and according to him, I have 0 points...

What am I doing wrong?

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you must wait in the house near the trash barrel until is empty or you don't get points...

3. iamSnippa

iamSnippa Journeyman

You sure about that Pinco?
    I trashed some things, left my house for a few, came back trash can was empty... trashed more stuff, got 2 messages about points... this was on day one anyway. Also, startle did claim to wait until the trash barrel was emptied.

Startle, make sure you are only attempting to use points on a character that threw items into the trash. The points are not account-wide, they are character specific, whatever character trashed the item gets the points.
    If this is not the issue, I'm afraid you may need more help than I can give.

4. AxiamInc

AxiamInc Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The points will catch up to you. No idea what causes it, but I've had points show up on a character as much as a few hours later than when I trashed the items.

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The points do catch up to you.

You have to wait in the house and be present in the house when the trash barrel empties for the points to be credited immediately.

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Dang... why in the world didn't they SAY that in the Pub 72 notes? Man, I lost about 150k points...

Oh well

7. keep trashing stuff and wait for the 3 minute timer and you should receive a message about both.

8. eve

eve Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Whoa! The points are not account bound? We get no green tickets this time?
    Been out of touch recently off and on, guess i had best go read everything i can find about this.
    :arr:

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just a FYI I did the same thing and got no points (having left my house to check and see how many I had) and ended up logging in the next day after server maintenance and all of a sudden there was a message stating i had received more points!

10. uhhhh ...
    the points ARE >character bound< ... he who drops the items gets the points
    >THAT character<

ya need to move the items to >claiming account<
    YES ... >there are NO tradeable< tickets/deeds/tokens for points accumulated

Need someone else to confirm IF there are "claimed items" that are useful TO THE account claimed >on< only
    OR
    can be >fully working traded TO< other accounts ...
    Like soul stones ...

*shrugs*

11. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

was that galantry ? :eyes:

12. KingHen

KingHen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

meh...

It is so much easier to use back trash, instant points... rinse and repeat...
    I would rather not wait to see if the check clears or not later...