1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] Client Closes

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by IanJames, Jul 29, 2009.

1. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ok, so I noticed this morning that anytime I take my cursor out of the program, i.e., click on another program or even open my start menu in windows, the client just closes as though someone clicked on the "x". there's no confirmation or crash or anything it just disappears. I can make this happen every time. Has anyone else experienced this? I actually had to switch back to KR for my hunt this morning because of this.

2. pgcd

pgcd Guest

The same thing happens to me in different circumstances - namely, when waiting for shadowlords to spawn while running around. It seems to me there is some sort of issue with the graphics subsystem or the memory allocation (running around with lots of players all spamming armageddon is likely very taxing on the client).

3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have experienced the same thing.

4. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

interesting when it was happening to me I was standing at the bank. I haven't been able to make it happen since. The only difference is that I was in a party this morning. Were you guys in party when it happened?

5. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

No party, i was all alone. well besides the 20 other people running around to find the Shadowlords.

6. pgcd

pgcd Guest

No party for me either, and it didn't happen today either (but then i deliberately didn't run around).

7. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

It happens to me as well and I don't think this is something that will be easily fixed. Some times it happens when I am alt tabbing out. Sometimes when I've been sitting at the house for awhile and then go to log out and in to another char. Sometimes it happens when I recall. It isn't a crash exactly it's like it thinks you hit quit.

It may or may not be related to the fact that when you do quit a lot of times that seems to crash the client lol. I hit quit to exit and the little box pops up trying to find out why it quit working lol. Devs may have a hard time with this bug.

8. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have not crashed previously, EXCEPT AFTER THIS TUESDAY PATCH, I crashed twice in 2 hours. I was all happy that SA was stable as a rock, and now I get the crash as if I hit the X, just crashes to desktop and no errors. I was in a party and doing the Serado spawn as I have for the past week without crashes.
    Whatever they did on this patch, made SA unstable it seems..... KR style.

9. TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost Guest

Nah, the problem was here prior to the patch. It doesn't happen overly often and some haven't had it happen at all yet.