1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Client Crash In the Presence of the Crimson Dragon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Teufel_Hund, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Anybody else experience this? Three times this morning in Skara on GL.
  2. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

2D client, I presume?
    I've heard people commenting on lag, while facing the CD, ranging from slight to unplayable.
    Perhaps coincidental, but while facing the CD, I've noticed increased hard drive activity.

My guess would be that anything from a restart of the computer, to a reinstall of UO might help you.
    You might want to try a defrag of the drive with UO on, as another option.
  3. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 20, 2004
    Have you patched? I noticed my old client did the same thing before I updated.
  4. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest Patch 86 I thought that was the latest? Isn't it? I hate Vista
  5. Bullet

Bullet Guest

I too have patched and have had this multiple times. Annoying part is i keep ending up in Jehlom and have to run all the way back!
  6. jelinidas

jelinidas Guest

But on the positive side ...
    at least you get the Crimmy Dragon. All Cats has is towns full of hatereds and fasehoods. No spawn, no dragon. :(
  7. Wolfrat

Wolfrat Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 30, 2008
    I was running the 2D Client v Patch 72 (is this not the latest?) on XP (most current update) with recently defragged disk and was eaten thrice by Crimmy D when in Magincia on Europa due to lag of AN Ex Por proportions. I'm not going near that beastie again in a hurry!
  8. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

Yeah but I do not get to see the Crimson, my client tanks when it is off screen! Damned frustrating.